vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Kinda sounds like the buyers account was stolen? Reason given: "unauthorized use of account"

OP
OP
Beans

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the 3rd one of these. Usually they claim their room mate used their account with out permission.

PullTabSlayer

Jan 31, 2017
Troy Missouri
Detector(s) used
That one I grab for the day.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After being rip off a second time I quit selling on ebay and rarely buy there anymore

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
This can happen with a husband and wife, one can buy item, card holder disputes purchase and wins. Seen it happen on a gold coin purchase.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"The Money Back Guarantee policy says that buyers have 30 days from the actual or latest estimated delivery date to open a case. If you shipped with tracking that shows delivery, the buyer's deadline is 30 days from the actual delivery date. For PayPal cases, the deadline is 45 days from the payment date."

This is what I found on Google. I'd tell them to get bent.

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This can happen with a husband and wife, one can buy item, card holder disputes purchase and wins. Seen it happen on a gold coin purchase.

This is so true......

I gave my sister-in-law my CC to order a Christmas present for her kids for me as I was travelling a few years back and thought nothing of it, then in the summer I see a charge on my CC for a country and western concert............after throwing up in my mouth a little, I called the CC company and had a stop put on it.

The concert wasn't for a few weeks so I wasn't worried that they thought it was a scam or anything.

About a week or so later I get a call from my sister-in-law explaining that she had used my CC because hers was full, and she didn't want to tell my brother.

Her mistake was buying tickets to a country and western gig, or else I wouldn't have noticed. LOL......

So yep, I can see the husband a wife thing happen.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So did they actually take your money? If the credit card company is involved, they have up to 90 days to file. However, you should be covered under seller protection for this type of thing, as long as you have a tracking number and it shows as delivered. If they did take your money then you need to get on the phone and go through the routine.

OP
OP
Beans

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So did they actually take your money? If the credit card company is involved, they have up to 90 days to file. However, you should be covered under seller protection for this type of thing, as long as you have a tracking number and it shows as delivered. If they did take your money then you need to get on the phone and go through the routine.

Money is now in a holding pattern. In the email "Our records show tracking information is available for this transaction. We will review this as soon as possible. At this time, we need no further action or information from you".

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the time, if you have a tracking number and the item was delivered, to the address of record on Ebay/Paypal, you win.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Most of the time, if you have a tracking number and the item was delivered, to the address of record on Ebay/Paypal, you win.
That ain't always the case either. I bought a book and it had tracking which shows it was delivered. Delivevered to Louisiana, I am in Montana! Called seller and he discovered he entered the wrong tracking numbers with two packages. Told me to contact post office over it, I told him they will say it was delivered correctly to Louisiana. mail man put it in the wrong box again which is often the case. Month later whoever got my book placed it on my step. Pretty weird!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That ain't always the case either. I bought a book and it had tracking which shows it was delivered. Delivevered to Louisiana, I am in Montana! Called seller and he discovered he entered the wrong tracking numbers with two packages. Told me to contact post office over it, I told him they will say it was delivered correctly to Louisiana. mail man put it in the wrong box again which is often the case. Month later whoever got my book placed it on my step. Pretty weird!
At least you got your book, lol.

That's why I recommend everyone prints their labels via ebay, that way the tracking info. is automatically uploaded, no mistakes.

OP
OP
Beans

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Received an email from Ebay stating a claim has been made on an item sold in Oct 2017. Claim is unauthorized use of account. I guess you can buy something, use it till no longer needed then make a claim to get your money back.

UPDATE: I was covered under the Seller Protection program since I as a seller did what I was suppose to to. Outcome was in my favor.

RobMc

Oct 15, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eBay will side with you. But will PayPal?

OP
OP
Beans

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eBay will side with you. But will PayPal?[/QUOTE

Just checked, money that was on hold has been released back to my pp account.

RobMc

Oct 15, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because eBay sided with you. However, if he opens a claim directly with PayPal, it’s a different story.

PayPal sucks for sellers.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Because eBay sided with you. However, if he opens a claim directly with PayPal, it’s a different story.

PayPal sucks for sellers.
I thought once a buyer files a claim with ebay, they can't file with PayPal. It's one or the other, not both.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread