Another BIG DEAL from feeBay that I could care less about.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A message I just got said:

Congratulations! You’ve qualified for Top Rated Seller status by consistently meeting US seller performance standards. You’ll now get a discount on final value fees and a prominent Top Rated Plus seal on qualifying listings.

They keep giving and taking away. Even though they say I get it I still won't get it because I have to jump through two more hoops. (just see the last two words above) I had to look and found this "disclaimer"

As a Top Rated seller, you can qualify for exclusive benefits if you offer the following premium services in your listings:
* Same- or one-business-day handling, and
* A 30-day or longer return period with money back option

I usually do ship within one business day but I am not going to promise, just in case. Also, I post no returns on many things but that does not matter to them they will just pull the money if I refuse.

I have always had TOP RATED on my dashboard with 0% defects. Last time they took it away (I had a lot of time on my hands) I called them and made them tell me why it got taken away this time. Seems my "Tracking uploaded on time and validated" percentage just went under 95% They said I did not upload tracking on two items. I told them to tell me which two items. Turns out they were SIM cards and I put in envelope with 49¢ stamp. I could not track them. The ebay person said to remedy this from not happening in the future just ship 1st class with tracking. That would now cost over $2.00

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, shipping via letter mail is the best option for some things but eBay doesn't like it. Among other things i've been selling personally-collected seed packets for years and have the option for the buyer to pay extra for 1st class parcel shipping, but fewer than 2% over time have opted for the unnecessary extra expense. And for international buyers the difference between a 1.20 stamp and 14.00 is pretty huge for a 4-5 dollar item, but still eBay thinks it's a wonderful idea to push 1st class...

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The policy was written by a human with a degree in corporate scamology. This is what happens when cousins marry. This only my opinion. It does NOT reflect the official view of treasurenet, the US .gov, or Wall St. I got some email today of policy changes. It failed to show me what EXACTLY changed in feebay policy. Forgive me for my sarcasm.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
The policy was written by a human with a degree in corporate scamology. This is what happens when cousins marry. This only my opinion. It does NOT reflect the official view of treasurenet, the US .gov, or Wall St. I got some email today of policy changes. It failed to show me what EXACTLY changed in feebay policy. Forgive me for my sarcasm.

You have to click on the link in the email.

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have to click on the link in the email.

I did click on it. It gave me a page with the entire policy. It did not specify what exactly changed. Shameful.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know. I like that extra 20% discount on final value fees. Brings my total fees down to about 8% vs 10%. I've been a top rated seller for years with the exception of about 6 months last year. That was only because I was too busy last year to list anything and didn't sell 100 items. For me personally, I wouldn't send anything to anyone without a tracking number. That's just asking for trouble. I trust no one. No even with a $5/$10 item.

Wiganer

Jan 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Whites dual field beast, with Anderson shaft.
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It's the first time I've tried to sell on eBay for a few years, and my dualfield ended earlier tonight and didn't make reserve, but the ad has still cost me 39 bucks. Robbing ba(*÷#€?#-

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's the first time I've tried to sell on eBay for a few years, and my dualfield ended earlier tonight and didn't make reserve, but the ad has still cost me 39 bucks. Robbing ba(*÷#€?#-

First what is dualfield? Second why do you have a reserve?

If you want a $100 reserve just start your auction at $100.
Everybody gets 50 free auctions per month. What could possibly cost $39 to list an auction?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never put a reserve price. List it for the least amount you would be willing to take for it. The listing won't cost you a dime unless it sells. You were your own worst enemy with that listing. I don't remember the last time I paid for an actual listing.

First what is dualfield? Second why do you have a reserve?

If you want a $100 reserve just start your auction at $100.
Everybody gets 50 free auctions per month. What could possibly cost $39 to list an auction?
Whites Surfmaster I would presume.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread