Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By cyberdan
  • 1 Post By ecmjamsit
  • 4 Post By diggummup
  • 2 Post By cyberdan
  • 1 Post By diggummup

Thread: Another BIG DEAL from feeBay that I could care less about.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2006
    Left Coast
    XLT & Bigfoot
    1667 times

Another BIG DEAL from feeBay that I could care less about.

A message I just got said:

Congratulations! Youve qualified for Top Rated Seller status by consistently meeting US seller performance standards. Youll now get a discount on final value fees and a prominent Top Rated Plus seal on qualifying listings.
    They keep giving and taking away. Even though they say I get it I still won't get it because I have to jump through two more hoops. (just see the last two words above) I had to look and found this "disclaimer"

As a Top Rated seller, you can qualify for exclusive benefits if you offer the following premium services in your listings:
    * Same- or one-business-day handling, and
    * A 30-day or longer return period with money back option
    I usually do ship within one business day but I am not going to promise, just in case. Also, I post no returns on many things but that does not matter to them they will just pull the money if I refuse.

I have always had TOP RATED on my dashboard with 0% defects. Last time they took it away (I had a lot of time on my hands) I called them and made them tell me why it got taken away this time. Seems my "Tracking uploaded on time and validated" percentage just went under 95% They said I did not upload tracking on two items. I told them to tell me which two items. Turns out they were SIM cards and I put in envelope with 49 stamp. I could not track them. The ebay person said to remedy this from not happening in the future just ship 1st class with tracking. That would now cost over $2.00
    wagbert likes this.
    at yard sales I am dollardan

us
    Martiobarbuli

May 2012
    Wyoming
    White's
    1197 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Yep, shipping via letter mail is the best option for some things but eBay doesn't like it. Among other things i've been selling personally-collected seed packets for years and have the option for the buyer to pay extra for 1st class parcel shipping, but fewer than 2% over time have opted for the unnecessary extra expense. And for international buyers the difference between a 1.20 stamp and 14.00 is pretty huge for a 4-5 dollar item, but still eBay thinks it's a wonderful idea to push 1st class...

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2007
    Colorado
    Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
    857 times
    Metal Detecting
    The policy was written by a human with a degree in corporate scamology. This is what happens when cousins marry. This only my opinion. It does NOT reflect the official view of treasurenet, the US .gov, or Wall St. I got some email today of policy changes. It failed to show me what EXACTLY changed in feebay policy. Forgive me for my sarcasm.
    zombieraccoon likes this.

Dec 2004
    East Central Kentucky
    1837 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by ecmjamsit View Post
    The policy was written by a human with a degree in corporate scamology. This is what happens when cousins marry. This only my opinion. It does NOT reflect the official view of treasurenet, the US .gov, or Wall St. I got some email today of policy changes. It failed to show me what EXACTLY changed in feebay policy. Forgive me for my sarcasm.
    You have to click on the link in the email.

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2006
    Left Coast
    XLT & Bigfoot
    1667 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ecmjamsit View Post
    The policy was written by a human with a degree in corporate scamology.
    or a retired politician.

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2007
    Colorado
    Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
    857 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by 1320 View Post
    You have to click on the link in the email.
    I did click on it. It gave me a page with the entire policy. It did not specify what exactly changed. Shameful.

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    South Florida Cesspool
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    9412 times
    I don't know. I like that extra 20% discount on final value fees. Brings my total fees down to about 8% vs 10%. I've been a top rated seller for years with the exception of about 6 months last year. That was only because I was too busy last year to list anything and didn't sell 100 items. For me personally, I wouldn't send anything to anyone without a tracking number. That's just asking for trouble. I trust no one. No even with a $5/$10 item.

ca
    Steve

Jan 2017
    Nova Scotia
    Whites dual field beast, with Anderson shaft. Equinox 600
    95 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    It's the first time I've tried to sell on eBay for a few years, and my dualfield ended earlier tonight and didn't make reserve, but the ad has still cost me 39 bucks. Robbing ba(*#€?#-

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2006
    Left Coast
    XLT & Bigfoot
    1667 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post
    It's the first time I've tried to sell on eBay for a few years, and my dualfield ended earlier tonight and didn't make reserve, but the ad has still cost me 39 bucks. Robbing ba(*#€?#-
    First what is dualfield? Second why do you have a reserve?

If you want a $100 reserve just start your auction at $100.
    Everybody gets 50 free auctions per month. What could possibly cost $39 to list an auction?
    Drmad7 and T.C. like this.

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    South Florida Cesspool
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    9412 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post
    Never put a reserve price. List it for the least amount you would be willing to take for it. The listing won't cost you a dime unless it sells. You were your own worst enemy with that listing. I don't remember the last time I paid for an actual listing.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdan View Post
    First what is dualfield? Second why do you have a reserve?

If you want a $100 reserve just start your auction at $100.
    Everybody gets 50 free auctions per month. What could possibly cost $39 to list an auction?
    Whites Surfmaster I would presume.
    treasuresalvor likes this.

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links