I am being blackmailed by an ebay buyer.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are SERIOUSLY suggesting he contact an attorney over $20?
YES! It's not just the $20 it's his sellers reputation. Once you have the letter, you make copies to use for later. It's a free service, a tool. 9 times out of 10 just bringing up lawyers will back down these fools. Another example different circumstance. We had a city inspector guy that was writing cites for frivolous things, just to make his boss think he was doing a lot of work. I caught him hanging the notice, and approached him with my notebook, asked him for his ID his physical office location etc. He asks what for. Told him it's so he can be served. Said I was going to tie him up in court for weeks for which he won't get paid (already checked with his dept on this) Then when it all gets thrown out we'll start the civil suit against him. He had an abrupt attitude change & the cites stopped. Just mentioning you're getting a lawyer involved in a firm knowing manner is all it takes most times. Several of the neighbors wanted to what happened. Funny part was he would pull into a grocery store parking lot, take a hour nap than go in and have an hour lunch at the snack bar. A neighbor & I took turns video taping him over several weeks. Went down and talked with the manager of his section & presented her with a copy of the videos. Mentioned I had given a copy to my attorney for the lawsuit & a cease & desist order for the City. While I was talking to her made sure a copy of the letter the attorney gave me was showing the letter head. So yeah, I'm suggesting contacting an attorney. For the price of a free consultation I've settled two problems. Time well spent to save your reputation from being trashed by some bone head!

Arachnofreak

Nov 16, 2012
Prescott Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
By the way Cyberdan, Those are really cool looking rocks, I might just check out your ebay listing. My dad is a bit of a nut for cool rocks :)

Charlie

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm suggesting contacting an attorney.
No free service like that in this county. But no problem about law advice I have two brothers-in-law that are attorneys. I get all the free advice I can use. and believe it or not neither one is an ambulance chaser or low life public defender. ;)

Today I got a message back from that lady. Seems she was just unhappy with the amount of agates she found.

Here is her msg to me:
Thank you for your reply. In realizing that you are only making $10 on this order for your hard work in gathering the rocks. I will gladly keep them and provide you with positive feedback. However, It was still a little disappointing finding so few and small agates in 5 pounds of rocks. Just something to consider.

I was not going to respond till I got positive feedback and she just gave it:
Great communication and thoughtful seller. Thank you!

Funny thing about the amount of agates she found. I do get these from an area rich in agates and even seaglass but I want my customers extra happy I add 2 ounces of nice agates and an ounce of sea glass. (all found right in that spot) She might not have been happy if I added 4 ounces. Now I am going to tell her she did pretty good and other buyers are happy with their orders. I have had four since Friday.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
No free service like that in this county. But no problem about law advice I have two brothers-in-law that are attorneys. I get all the free advice I can use. and believe it or not neither one is an ambulance chaser or low life public defender. ;)

Today I got a message back from that lady. Seems she was just unhappy with the amount of agates she found.

Here is her msg to me:
Thank you for your reply. In realizing that you are only making $10 on this order for your hard work in gathering the rocks. I will gladly keep them and provide you with positive feedback. However, It was still a little disappointing finding so few and small agates in 5 pounds of rocks. Just something to consider.

I was not going to respond till I got positive feedback and she just gave it:
Great communication and thoughtful seller. Thank you!

Funny thing about the amount of agates she found. I do get these from an area rich in agates and even seaglass but I want my customers extra happy I add 2 ounces of nice agates and an ounce of sea glass. (all found right in that spot) She might not have been happy if I added 4 ounces. Now I am going to tell her she did pretty good and other buyers are happy with their orders. I have had four since Friday.

I would recommend at this point to just let it go and move on. Sounds like a positive resolution has been reached. Congrats.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that doesn't invoke an angrier response. I would tell them to return for a full refund. Most people go away after that. I had a person insistent on smelling smoke who wanted a partial refund. I thought their comments constituted feedback extortion but apparently you have to be very blatant about it recently. I really don't think it smelled like smoke or I wouldn't have sold it. They sure didn't want to return it. They wanted the smoke removal fee of $17 that their dry cleaner charged them. I guess that was better excuse than give me $17 to throw this in the washer. Its always downhill after that. Also why do people who are so deathly allergic to smoke buy used clothing in the first place. I eventually got the negative removed but it was more work than it should have been.

Had the same issue with a pair of Bose bookshelf speakers. Could you message me that persons name? Sounds eerily similar to my situation and I lost money and my speakers on that deal.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First time this has happened. Yesterday I got this message through ebay messages:

Sounds like feedback blackmail to me. Around lunch time today I will reply with something like: I try very hard to keep my feedback at 100%. Your message has me worried. Sorry you were not happy with the results. Total cost was $20 and of that $9.78 was ebay,paypal & post office fees. What do you feel would be a good solution for positive feedback from you?

I want to string her along to get another message from her threatening a negative in return for some kind of refund.

This is what I sell on ebay. I have had many sales of this and had repeat buyers.

AGATE PAYDIRT - 5 Pounds Beach Pebbles from Secret Spot - Not-Searched

I only charge $20 and I pay priority mail. Here are some photos and I even show quality and size of what to expect. I didn't lie. I actually do not search these pebbles. My local beach is just a couple miles from me and covered with agate rich pebbles like in my photo. She actually did pretty good, I "salt" each lot with about 2 ounces of agates. (just like the gold paydirt sellers, don't tell anyone)

This is my only disclaimer: I can not guarantee the quantity of stones you will find, but I am pretty sure you will be happy.

I now think it needs to be tougher. I looked at her feedback and orders. I see she also bought two bags of "gold paydirt" from a seller in Virginia. I contacted him and she has not done the same to him (yet) His disclaimer is more tough than mine.

Return policy applies to **unopened & unaltered items only** due to the treasure hunting nature of the Gold Paydirt item. As per eBay and OUR terms and policies returns cannot be given on items that have been opened or altered in any way, shape or form.
-The above policies are in place due to the sensitive nature of "treasure-hunting" items.
-As per eBay and our policies "buyers remorse" is not an acceptable reason to return an item including returns due to amounts or types of Gold treasures found or expected to be found.
You take the risk of getting no gold. As stated for testing , fun, educational purposes
Pictures are not a representation of what you will get but of what you can get
There is no guaranteed amount of gold!
Being the nature of it being random dirt you could get no gold

The wife and me love looking for agates over in your neck of the woods. I think I recognize where you are Dan! I'm takin' my small screen with us next time!! See ya there, buddy!!:thumbsup:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
gee my lotto ticket was "defective" ..it did not have the 6 winning numbers on it ...so now I want to "return it" for a full refund...ok?

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Since she was just unhappy with the assortment of rocks and agates she got and not trying to extort you with Negative Feedback, as a good token, send her a small padded envelope with some select hand-picked agates. I am sure she will be especially happy and might even make additional purchases from you and/or recommend you to friends.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
gee my lotto ticket was "defective" ..it did not have the 6 winning numbers on it ...so now I want to "return it" for a full refund...ok?

Since you would likely dealing with the State of Florida, you will have about as much luck with that as getting a Salvage Permit.:icon_scratch:

goldenwonderbear

Feb 27, 2014
CA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe Huntsman has the right idea. Life is too short. For, maybe $5-7, you will make her feel really good. Both of your minds will be free to move on to other things, and, unfortunately, there are always "other things". Good luck...........h

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The wife and me love looking for agates over in your neck of the woods. I think I recognize where you are Dan! I'm takin' my small screen with us next time!! See ya there, buddy!!:thumbsup:

I am not worried that you will find my secret spot. Sometimes I can't even find it. Pebble Beach is miles long. One area has a cliff. Sometimes it is 8-10 feet high and sometimes it is 4 feet high. Sometimes it is only pebbles and sometimes just sand. The waves keep moving things around. Next time you are in my neck of the woods (redwoods) let me know and I can show you my spots.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a hit or miss thing. Sorry for your troubles. I know I have been burnt a few times by a seller. It goes both ways.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not worried that you will find my secret spot. Sometimes I can't even find it. Pebble Beach is miles long. One area has a cliff. Sometimes it is 8-10 feet high and sometimes it is 4 feet high. Sometimes it is only pebbles and sometimes just sand. The waves keep moving things around. Next time you are in my neck of the woods (redwoods) let me know and I can show you my spots.

That's mighty nice of ya Dan!! I may just do that next time we're over there...:thumbsup:

We go down to Point St. George. Ya have to catch it just right as far as the tide is. When it's out, we hunt that place until our backs give out. Last time out, we went back and ate dinner...I went to bed at 7:30 I was so tired...

Last edited:
OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We go down to Point St. George. Ya have to catch it just right as far as the tide is.
There are enough agates to go round for everyone.

I have given up on Pt. St. George for agates. I have walked to it from the north and from the south and except for this strange rock, nothing. It looks like obsidian but it is not smoothed down like all the other beach rocks. It is the size of two golf balls. There is no volcanic activity for hundreds of miles or old glass factory.

In this area everything depends on the tides. Yesterday I had to go out to the lighthouse. I work there or sometimes just go out to visit the lightkeepers. When the tide is up it is on an island. When the tide is down there is a 20' wide dry path to get there. My timing was a bit off. The tide was going out but there was only a very narrow path. In some spots water on both sides and a six inch path.

Attachments

• OBSIDIAN.jpg
    OBSIDIAN.jpg
    549.1 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The picture you showed was as described and as they complained about. It's on them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread