Your items are waiting in carts. Now make the sale.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got this message from ebay:

Your items are waiting in carts. Now make the sale.

Drop the Price to Make the Sale
Lower the price by 5% on these items in shoppers'
carts, and we'll email them to say their deal got better.

Never got that before, kind of like that. It is only a $20 item. Looks like someone put an item of mine in their shopping cart and left it there. So the next time they login ebay will offer it to them for $19.00

Does that mean ebay will also drop their fees by 10%? (I guess they will. Instead of getting $2.00 they will get $1.90)

Maybe from now on when I am not in a hurry for an item I will put it in a cart to see if I get a 10% discount offer.

I did make the mistake last year of putting four items (from four different sellers) in a cart and then checking out and making one payment. They were for business supplies and arrived on different dates. I keep track of every business purchase and it was hard to separate one invoice into four purchases.

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get these notifications all the time now on ebay when I leave items in my cart. :icon_thumright:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would someone even add something to their cart if they didn't plan on buying it? I got the same message on 2 of my items this morning. I lowered one of them by 20%, which I was already planning to do. I guarantee, lowering the price will not make anyone purchase the item. If it sells in the next couple days, i'll update this. Ebay is full of pure unadulterated crap. The other "item" is already the lowest priced one on ebay and lower than ones that have previously sold (without the original box). I refuse to lower it. They got life in a blender on puree, all mixed up!

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Abandoned shopping carts are a huge “problem” for e-commerce. My wife shops all the time on the web, puts stuff in the cart, never comes back to buy.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would someone even add something to their cart if they didn't plan on buying it?
I have done it a few times. I would be looking for an item and see what I want then put it in the cart. But, I would continue to shop for the item and if I found another I liked I would add to the cart. When I was done shopping I would go to the cart and delete all but the one I wanted. A few months ago I did that with a glass grinder (different models and prices) I do not want to use the "watch list" for something like this.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Abandoned shopping carts are a huge “problem” for e-commerce. My wife shops all the time on the web, puts stuff in the cart, never comes back to buy.
I forgot, I do that too. Main reason is (not carts on ebay) unless you put something in a cart you do not know what shipping will be. A couple days ago I wanted a $15 item but shipping was $17. Forget that I didn't even bother to delete from cart, I just Xed the page.

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I forgot, I do that too. Main reason is (not carts on ebay) unless you put something in a cart you do not know what shipping will be. A couple days ago I wanted a $15 item but shipping was $17. Forget that I didn't even bother to delete from cart, I just Xed the page.

I have done that too with items that they won't give you the price for until you put it in your cart.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that I think about it, I've added items to carts seems like everywhere but ebay. For some reason I avoid that feature on there.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Why would someone even add something to their cart if they didn't plan on buying it? I got the same message on 2 of my items this morning. I lowered one of them by 20%, which I was already planning to do. I guarantee, lowering the price will not make anyone purchase the item. If it sells in the next couple days, i'll update this. Ebay is full of pure unadulterated crap. The other "item" is already the lowest priced one on ebay and lower than ones that have previously sold (without the original box). I refuse to lower it. They got life in a blender on puree, all mixed up!

I do it all the time. I put them in my cart, and then promptly forget about them. I mean to check back later, or if I am busy with something else. I do it on Amazon all the time. my husband will often move my stuff out of the cart to make his purchases.

I got that message for the first time a week or two ago ... just ignored it. I make sales from time to time. If someone wants the item, they will either buy it or they won't. I'm doing fine without Ebay's stupid suggestions. (Like the time they told me to lower the price on an item cuz others were selling for cheaper ... except mine was a signed something or other and the others weren't. Stupid comparison on the algorithms part.)

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got that message for the first time a week or two ago ... just ignored it. I make sales from time to time. If someone wants the item, they will either buy it or they won't. I'm doing fine without Ebay's stupid suggestions. (Like the time they told me to lower the price on an item cuz others were selling for cheaper ... except mine was a signed something or other and the others weren't. Stupid comparison on the algorithms part.)

Let me guess you don't start the item at .99 cents, free shipping to increase sales, free returns, pay to list it in a couple categories, pay to bold the listing so more buyers can see it, and pay to run the auction for 3 days only. Your really missing out on all their sales suggestions. Just think how much inventory you could move.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread