Can't Bid Or Ask Seller A Question, What Gives?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trying to place a bid on an item from this seller. https://www.ebay.com/usr/collectorsinvestment?rt=nc

It doesn't seem to want to accept my bid. I don't know this seller at all, so I don't know why I would be blocked from them. Maybe one of you can try and see if it does the same thing to you?

This is what I get when I try to bid...

Sorry, the seller is not accepting bids or offers from you at this time.

• This may occur for various reasons. For example, the seller might have a limit for the amount of items that can be purchased within a given time.Learn more.

This is what I get when I try to ask a question...

We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, this seller is not able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing.

We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, this seller is not able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing.

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
diggummup, i just tried the "ask the seller" button, and it seemed to work. also pressed the "bid" button, and it worked as well. I did this on a WW2 sterling silver airman's pin. Have you tried the buttons on a different item, just to see if the seller blocked you, or maybe just has the item you are wanting set up incorrectly? Hope this helps.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have asked questions before and put the seller off they may have blocked you? I do it all the time if I get annoyed for any reason. Try asking your question on another of the sellers items and let them know you can't bid on the item not related to the item your asking the question on. I picked an item and everything looks fine to me.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never asked this seller a question. It is a totally random seller I came across today with an item that I tried to place a bid on. I tried asking a question only after I couldn't place a bid. Yes, afterwards I did try to bid on another item and ask a question on another item and got the same results. I can't even ask the person why I am blocked, if that is indeed the case, which it seems to be. Nuts.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you a newbie on eBay? Sometimes they don’t accept bids from newbies

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there any reason for you to be on his Blocked Buyers list?
None. Don't know this seller. Never had problems with anyone other than a few buyers, and he isn't one of them, because he isn't on my blocked list.
Are you a newbie on eBay? Sometimes they don’t accept bids from newbies
Not a newbie. Top rated powerseller, not that that means anything special, lol.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to send the seller a massage just now by removing the item from my watch list and going directly to his home page to send a message "not about an item". So I will see what's going on here hopefully before the auction runs out.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have received an e-mail from an individual that had the same problem as you. I checked my "blocked buyers list" and he was on it. The only thing I can think of is, ebay just screwed up and I told him so. I didn't know him or recall him bidding on any of our stuff.

Also, I've recently had ebay change two of my new listings after I posted them. Nothing serious, but makes ya wonder what the hell is going on!

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have received an e-mail from an individual that had the same problem as you. I checked my "blocked buyers list" and he was on it. The only thing I can think of is, ebay just screwed up and I told him so. I didn't know him or recall him bidding on any of our stuff.

Also, I've recently had ebay change two of my new listings after I posted them. Nothing serious, but makes ya wonder what the hell is going on!
I hear ya. I just saw that 6 of my listings do not qualify for the top rated seller discount because I don't have 1 day shipping offered or 30 day money back policy. So what did I do? I went through each listing to find which ones they were referring to and guess what? Nothing wrong with any of them. Ebay is full of glitches and bugs galore lately, or so it seems.

BRC

Jun 24, 2011
Tampa Bay
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Sand Shark, At-Max, EquInox 800, Deus 2..
I was able to send the seller a massage just now by removing the item from my watch list and going directly to his home page to send a message "not about an item". So I will see what's going on here hopefully before the auction runs out.

Perhaps he didn't want a massage, and blocked you cuz he doesn't swing his MD that way...

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone might have complained on a forum about a transaction with you and others may have blocked you because of the complaint.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone might have complained on a forum about a transaction with you and others may have blocked you because of the complaint.
That'd be a stretch, but I am blocked for whatever reason. I've never had a problem on ebay as a buyer other than the bubble wrap that I recently bought and had ebay reverse their decision against me. That just happened very recently.

I spent 45 minutes on the phone with ebay yesterday. An hour after that I got a message from the seller. I am on their blocked list. He gave no reason and I didn't pursue it any more. I just added him to my blocked list. Screw 'em if he doesn't want my business. More where they came from.

PS- Did some thinking. The only reason I can think of is if this seller is the one that had a Prussian sword for sale once that I was watching and somehow I pocket bid several thousand dollars on it and retracted my bid. I remember that seller getting mad at me because I didn't ask him to cancel the bid instead. I didn't name the seller but I posted a thread about it... http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/all-things-ebay/456264-beware-butt-bidding.html
This is all I can think of as far as any seller putting me on a blocked list.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread