My first negative feedback...should I throw a party or can I fight back?

El Toro

Greenie
Feb 2, 2018
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, White's Goldmaster GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EBay is evil. Feedback system is rank with people that have no moral compass. Its like bad Yelp reviews and there is nothing you can do to get it changed.

When eBay decided they wanted to be like Amazon, they abandoned all support for sellers. I have over 575 100% positive feedback but just one unhappy sh!t can ruin your perfect track record.

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a big deal, it "disappears" from the % rating after a year, so just focus on encouraging other customers to leave positive feedback to help boost the percentage, and keep on selling! If I see feedback ratings below 98% I'll check and see what specifically seems to be going on but have bought from (new/small) sellers with lower than 90% without problems, so it shouldn't hurt you too much. I had a single negative recently cycle out so now I'm at 100% again with 961 positives in the past year. eBay has enacted many detrimental policies for sellers but allowing old negatives to cycle-out is pretty nice in my opinion.

hidden--treasures

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2016
South Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a neg once and it really bugged me for awhile but I'm back to 100% now. Looks like you've done everything that you could / should do so don't let it bother you. As a seller I know it will still bother you some, but as a buyer I know that one neg doesn't really affect my opinion of the seller. That is unless he only a very few fb.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, to sum up, you all make me laugh. I don't really do either revenge or vengeance, but I appreciate the creative ideas--remind me not to cross any of you, or I will be getting a lot of copies of Country Living, Boys Life, Women's Day, and Guideposts.

I did what I could:
I emailed her a very nice note and got no reply.
I contacted ebay.
I blocked her.
I reported her to ebay.
I posted a follow-up to her original comment on my feedback page.
I posted a follow-up to my original comment on her feedback page (which I didn't know you could do).

I will miss the 100%...

Now the last thing you should do is share her name so we can all blocked her and then All buy something from her and leave negative feedback.

But eBay always said they will remove one negative feedback as a courtesy. I’ve had 8 in 12 years and they removed everyone but 1.

There’s also a website where you can send poop in the mail and it’s completely anonymous. May be a good looking into option!?! And they have different options too, dog poop, horse poop, cow poop, runny poop. (Ive never used it, so if you do I want feedback)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread