My first negative feedback...should I throw a party or can I fight back?

HistoryTeacher

Mar 9, 2017
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed today that my feedback went from 535 to 534. How is that possible? Then I noticed that I had my first negative feedback. The feedback itself did not make much sense. I sold a set of 4 cobolt blue fiestaware mugs (listed in contemporary fiestaware) for 29.99. They were in perfect shape.

Full description:
A beautiful set of 4 cobalt blue HLC Fiesta USA mugs. Each is about 3.5" tall.

Condition: no chips, cracks, or stir marks; beautiful

Thanks for looking.

FREE PRIORITY MAIL SHIPPING!!!

Her feedback (she never contacted me about them): KNOCK OFFS,NOT 10 YRS. OLD Vintage. POOR FAKE STAMPS. NO STIR MARKS.

What?

Then I looked at her recent feedback left for others (she used the same feedback for someone else! Mine is the seventh one down):

Captureebay.JPG

Is there anything I can do? All I can see is asking her to change it...but she seems pretty spiteful.

Last edited:

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call Ebay! It may take a while and you may have to be transferred to a higher up, but given her history and your ad, you should be able to get it fixed. I would email her first and ask what the problem was. A lot of times, the buyer actually admits just what you need to convince ebay. Good Luck

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed she has fat calves, she is hateful and there is nothing you can do about it, hurting others makes her feel better about herself.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Do they even make fake stamp Fiesta stamp mugs? Considering how cheap these regularly sell for, what would be the point?

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stir marks?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call Ebay. I had one negative and they removed it immediately. And I mean immediately.

zombieraccoon

Dec 30, 2017
Mesa AZ / Naselle WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the point where I would have to walk away for the night before really giving the person a piece of my mind. haha. They are out there though, definitely contact ebay.

If they dont do anything about it, just remember you have her address, and the library has hundreds of magazines with those little tear out cards that say "send me 12 issues, bill me later" and you dont even have to waste money on a stamp to send them.

Dechert360

Feb 1, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This is the point where I would have to walk away for the night before really giving the person a piece of my mind. haha. They are out there though, definitely contact ebay.

If they dont do anything about it, just remember you have her address, and the library has hundreds of magazines with those little tear out cards that say "send me 12 issues, bill me later" and you dont even have to waste money on a stamp to send them.

:laughing9::laughing9::laughing9:
You are my hero! I'm saving this idea.....for a friend of course.

OP
OP
H

HistoryTeacher

Mar 9, 2017
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scuffing inside the cups caused by stirring with metal spoon?

Stir marks are a condition issue caused by a spoon. I accurately described mine as having no stir marks, but she said in her feedback "No stir marks." Did she want stir marks?

Call Ebay. I had one negative and they removed it immediately. And I mean immediately.

I will call them today and update to let everyone know if I got anywhere.

Very funny, but a bit too much for me.

OP
OP
H

HistoryTeacher

Mar 9, 2017
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ebay was no help. They said they would contact her and ask her to contact me. I guess I should throw a party then. A negative on ebay is a rite of passage, I suppose.

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See if she is also a eBay seller, if so then buy an inexpensive item from her and then leave her a negative feedback. What comes around goes around.

suntannedgem

Jan 29, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Pro with 9.5", 12" & Super Sniper coils, Garrett Treasure Hound Deep Depth Multiplier, Garrett Pin Pointer Pro II, Bounty Hunter Legacy 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is why I quit selling on EBay. There are lots of scammers out there that are really good at it. They love to purchase a item that they already have that is in poor condition or a fake and buy your item, then complain/threaten/extort you that you sent them what was obviously theirs to begin with. I was selling Hummel's at the time and after the 1st time I started marking them with invisible ink. After the second one I said enough. Also had it happen with "Barbie" items and some other items. Hopefully there is a special place in HELL for these scumbags! Ebay will whack her, but she will just start over again with a new account.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See if she is also a eBay seller, if so then buy an inexpensive item from her and then leave her a negative feedback. What comes around goes around.
She could have already banned you. If you do ban her first or it will be a buying war.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just remember you have her address, and the library has hundreds of magazines with those little tear out cards that say "send me 12 issues, bill me later" and you dont even have to waste money on a stamp to send them.
Not my library. I do not go there because it is so small and parents tend to leave their kids there (after feeding them candy) so the librarian becomes a kidsitter. But i will keep my eye out for mags like that.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy oh boy have I thought about that on several occasions.

Do they even make fake stamp Fiesta stamp mugs? Considering how cheap these regularly sell for, what would be the point?
No they don't. They have new marks and old marks. I think when they reintroduced Fiestaware it hurt the vintage Fiestaware market somewhat. The original cobalt blue Tom and Jerry cups used to go for a lot more than they do nowadays.

I noticed she has fat calves, she is hateful and there is nothing you can do about it, hurting others makes her feel better about herself.
This is true, misery loves company. Her sagging jowls and cankles don't help matters either. :laughing7:

edit- I just want to know what it takes to get close to 200 listings listed? I can't even get to 100, heck I can't make it to 70.

Last edited:

Arachnofreak

Nov 16, 2012
Prescott Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Continue to harass ebay, I was told no by them when I got cheated on a cell phone deal. Long story short the phone was stolen and had a fake imei number. I continued to call and call and call etc... At the end ebay refunded me and still would not let me leave negative feedback for the guy that sent me a stolen phone lol.

Charlie

OP
OP
H

HistoryTeacher

Mar 9, 2017
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No they don't. They have new marks and old marks. I think when they reintroduced Fiestaware it hurt the vintage Fiestaware market somewhat. The original cobalt blue Tom and Jerry cups used to go for a lot more than they do nowadays.

That is what I thought, and I clearly listed them in "Contemporary," not "Vintage" and did not make any claims regarding their age. Oh well.

OP
OP
H

HistoryTeacher

Mar 9, 2017
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, to sum up, you all make me laugh. I don't really do either revenge or vengeance, but I appreciate the creative ideas--remind me not to cross any of you, or I will be getting a lot of copies of Country Living, Boys Life, Women's Day, and Guideposts.

I did what I could:
I emailed her a very nice note and got no reply.
I contacted ebay.
I blocked her.
I reported her to ebay.
I posted a follow-up to her original comment on my feedback page.
I posted a follow-up to my original comment on her feedback page (which I didn't know you could do).

I will miss the 100%...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread