How Long Do You Wait For Someone to Ship? Before You've Had Enough!!

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been playing on Ebay, Buying and selling.

This time around it's been a pretty good experience. A few minor problems. I had one buyer cancel an order because they claimed I sold the item twice. It wasn't true, but I hadn't shipped yet so no big deal I just refunded the money. I'm guessing an Ebay Glitch. I've bought a few items lately, up to an hour after I paid it was still showing up in the listings, so I see their confusion.

Another, was software that was new and sealed, the buyer claimed it wasn't working after the opened it and installed. They scammed me, nothing I can do about it. There isn't any proof that it doesn't work, and I can't sell it again after they have opened it and loaded it into their computer. I refunded the money and moved on.

But.....What really ticks me off? I bought an Item over a week ago that I really wanted. I won the auction, with shipping it's $326. That was 2 Mondays ago!!! I sent the seller multiple messages. Finally, last Sunday they contacted me saying that they had a rough week and it would be in the mail Monday(a week after auction end) with a tracking number. Nothing.....Then after more messages, they said it would be in the mail Tuesday....Last night they would have it in the mail this morning.... I think I'm giving it until 9pm tonight and calling it. My patience has run out for that kind of money!! :laughing7:

I ship within 2 business days, usually within one. I can't imagine waiting over a week to ship! I'm too hyper for that!

How long do you wait for someone to ship? When do you have enough? I'm just curious how long most people give and when their patience run out!! I'm sure the amount the item cost plays into that too!!

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
60 Minutes.

I'm Impatient :laughing7:

No seriously 48 Hours Tops before I regret Buying.

I had one who I bought in the Middle of their Vacation.
That Bugged me that I didn't see a Note Until I bought.
Wasn't 100% sure who's Fault so I just Bucked Up &
Ordered a 2nd. Elsewhere.

Buying From China usually takes awhile To be sure things are shipped.
But they still always Come before the ETA

other then that, I've had very Fast service , Usually 3 Days From
Order till arrival

Last edited:

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless it is specified otherwise, I expect anything I buy off ebay to ship in 2 business days. After the 3rd day, I start getting real pissy and will open a case as soon as possible. I usually ship next day, I will message the buyer if I can't get to the P.O. for what ever reason.

You have been beyond patient.

OP
OP
Nitric

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless it is specified otherwise, I expect anything I buy off ebay to ship in 2 business days. After the 3rd day, I start getting real pissy and will open a case as soon as possible. I usually ship next day, I will message the buyer if I can't get to the P.O. for what ever reason.

You have been beyond patient.

I had one sale that I couldn't ship until the 2nd business day. So I refunded the buyer $5.20 for taking longer than A day! :laughing7:

I also understand that stuff happens that we don't expect. So, I'll give someone a little time. But over a week to drop something off at the post office is too long!! :laughing7:

OP
OP
Nitric

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
60 Minutes.

I'm Impatient :laughing7:

No seriously 48 Hours Tops before I regret Buying.

I had one who I bought in the Middle of their Vacation.
That Bugged me that I didn't see a Note Until I bought.
Wasn't 100% sure who's Fault so I just Bucked Up &
Ordered a 2nd. Elsewhere.

Buying From China usually takes awhile To be sure things are shipped.
But they still always Come before the ETA

other then that, I've had very Fast service , Usually 3 Days From
Order till arrival

I've almost ordered from China a few times now. But when I see that it could take a month? That usually kills it for me!! I might order some parts that I know I use a lot of because they are so much cheaper. In quantity it's probably worth the wait.

Ohhh, I forgot to mention the item I'm waiting on? I was charged $50 in shipping!!! I sent him a message early this morning explaining ....It needed to have a tracking number today, or I'm cancelling at 9pm. lol At this point the whole thrill of getting it has run out and I've bought 3 others since then. :laughing7:

Last edited:

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm...patients. Isn't that a virtue?

OP
OP
Nitric

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's what they say, they also say "the early bird gets the worm." Well which is it? How can I be patient and early at the same time? :laughing7:

OP
OP
Nitric

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another question and I'll just stick here .....

Is anyone else using two Ebay accounts? One for buying, one for selling. I hate that I'm making offers on items that I'm selling or parting out. To most it doesn't matter but sometimes when they see that your selling the same item or parts they want more than if you didn't have that stuff in your listings. It doesn't matter to me what people do with stuff. My price is my price, but I can't believe how many people actually care what happens to the item or who they sell to.

So....How do I open 2 accounts? :laughing7: One for buying, one for selling. From what I've read, Ebay doesn't allow that. I call BS there has to be a way.

Or...I was even thinking of 2 accounts to sell different types of items. So that it's not all mixed together. What am I overlooking I know people are doing this some how?

Last edited:

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Patience may well be a virtue, but fair business practices are even more virtuous.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I have experienced on the buying side, I have the seller bidding up his own product. How would I know this? Well I began to notice a pattern on an item I wanted, the instant I raised my bid they would raise theirs. Not auto bids either. I bid it way out of the park to where it was not worth it just to see if I was right.......few hours later I was outbid by $1. I let it go. At the end of the auction I get a message that the high bidder backed out and they offered it to me at my last bid. My answer was HECK NO......

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I have experienced on the buying side, I have the seller bidding up his own product. How would I know this? Well I began to notice a pattern on an item I wanted, the instant I raised my bid they would raise theirs. Not auto bids either. I bid it way out of the park to where it was not worth it just to see if I was right.......few hours later I was outbid by $1. I let it go. At the end of the auction I get a message that the high bidder backed out and they offered it to me at my last bid. My answer was HECK NO......

I'd say "My First Bid". and tell them Why.
& say if they Prefer, I'll just Log a Complaint.

Actually that is why I don't play the Bidding Games on Ebay.

I either wait till 45 Seconds before Close & Try to be final Bid, If it's still at a Price I like.

Or I choose Buy it now items If they offer Free shipping

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have already asked ebay to step in on my behalf if I paid for something and it still hadn't been shipped a week later. It's not like you're waiting on a tracking number to show delivered. I think they are dicking you around, you need your money back. I have no patience. I have even less patience for stupid ignorant people.

I ship within 1 business day but that's just me. I also expect payment within 48 hours. I sold an item at auction that ended Sunday night. I waited 36 hours for them to pay and sent them an invoice reminder. That was yesterday morning. It still wasn't paid this morning, so I opened a case for non payment. Mainly because he hasn't contacted me and has only 2 feedback.

OP
OP
Nitric

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have already asked ebay to step in on my behalf if I paid for something and it still hadn't been shipped a week later. It's not like you're waiting on a tracking number to show delivered. I think they are dicking you around, you need your money back. I have no patience. I have even less patience for stupid ignorant people.

I ship within 1 business day but that's just me. I also expect payment within 48 hours. I sold an item at auction that ended Sunday night. I waited 36 hours for them to pay and sent them an invoice reminder. That was yesterday morning. It still wasn't paid this morning, so I opened a case for non payment. Mainly because he hasn't contacted me and has only 2 feedback.

I cancel orders too. I haven't hit anyone with non pay . But I will cancel an order after a couple of days and if no response from messages sent. I wish Ebay would give that as an option when cancelling orders. I usually select the one that says something about customer asked to cancel.

A couple of hours after starting the thread A tracking number showed up for the one that's over a week old. I'll wait it out and see what happens. I think I have up to 30 days if it ends up being a bogus tracking number. I'll have to check into that. I'll play it out this time because I really want the item I won in the auction.

Also, You can select an option now that makes the customer pay instantly for BIN and I believe even Auctions. So as soon as it's clicked or auction ends it automatically pulls the money from their paypal. It's worked out great for me. Where it doesn't work is if they make you a "best offer", that's where I've had to cancel orders for non payers after a couple of days.

After, a couple of months of playing around on Ebay again I've only had about 1% that were any kind of problem. Most of it goes smooth. Buying and selling.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I first look at the listing to see the ship time. If 48 hours goes past then, I open a case. I have only had to do this once in 19 years. Maybe twice. But it rarely happens to me.

OP
OP
Nitric

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I first look at the listing to see the ship time. If 48 hours goes past then, I open a case. I have only had to do this once in 19 years. Maybe twice. But it rarely happens to me.

This is the only time it's happened to e like this. A couple days here or there, and usually someone sends a message saying they had to work, family prob, etc...And I understand that stuff happens. But A week? That's a little long! :laughing7:

OP
OP
Nitric

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol...

Super sonic drone delivery. heh

And you want it "shipped free". :)

Hey!! This whole thread is because of a drone! They could have flown it to my house by now!!! :laughing7:

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
It's not a good idea to cancel sales by selecting buyer wanted to cancel. If eBay finds out you will get a "defect". Enough of those & your selling account can be closed. If a buyer doesn't pay within whatever you consider a reasonable time you need to open an UnPaid Item case (UPI) through the system & let it run it's course. Better yet, go into your settings & have ebay automatically open a case for you. My account is set to open an UPI 4 days after the sale. Pretty sure you can set it for as few as 2 days. I don't send invoices, contact the buyer, or do anything else. If they pay I ship. If they don't I let the system do it's thing....I get my fees back.....& relist when the process is complete. Absolutely no reason to waste time and energy dealing with a buyer that doesn't pay in a reasonable amount of time. Letting eBay handle all that is part of what your fees pay for.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think 2 to 3 days is normal outside that I would be upset. Two weeks and I be getting my money back.

I did once have to wait 5 weeks for an item to arrive from Russia a Vostok but I had a tracking number. It arrived DOA and I sent it back and waited another 3 weeks for a replacement. I still have that watch and its been running for 10 years.

I don't remember the seller but he was great to work with.

OP
OP
Nitric

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not a good idea to cancel sales by selecting buyer wanted to cancel. If eBay finds out you will get a "defect". Enough of those & your selling account can be closed. If a buyer doesn't pay within whatever you consider a reasonable time you need to open an UnPaid Item case (UPI) through the system & let it run it's course. Better yet, go into your settings & have ebay automatically open a case for you. My account is set to open an UPI 4 days after the sale. Pretty sure you can set it for as few as 2 days. I don't send invoices, contact the buyer, or do anything else. If they pay I ship. If they don't I let the system do it's thing....I get my fees back.....& relist when the process is complete. Absolutely no reason to waste time and energy dealing with a buyer that doesn't pay in a reasonable amount of time. Letting eBay handle all that is part of what your fees pay for.

Thanks!! I'm going to look at that today and set that up.

I like that they have to pay at auction end or with BIN. Where the auto pay doesn't work is with make offers. That's where I run into the non payers after I accept the offer. I wish Ebay would get that figured out to where it takes the money automatically when the offer is accepted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions