cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ship that expensive stuff fedex. They’re gentler, and they pay claims fast and fair based on my experience. If it’s REALLY expensive, pay to have them pack it. I love the USPS but they have their limits

Gentler? I would hate to see what USPS does.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never mark fragile on anything. I know how pissed off federal employees think,especially the ones that work in the post office.
I just sold a bunker lock for $275 I was tempted to mark fragile on the carton. But maybe USPS would figure out how to damage it. It is built to withstand any attack to get it open.

Attachments

• S&G-831-B-11.jpg
    S&G-831-B-11.jpg
    805.2 KB · Views: 104
OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All my items are now in this display cabinet at Time Machine Antique Mall. Great location and lots of traffic. It's $65 per month so we will try it out for three months. Already have sales after a day and a half. 20180603_122834.jpg

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was a rural USPS carrier for a few years, and while I cannot speak or represent others, i treated every package like it was mine. Heck, one time I ran down an elderly lady on a riding mower, as I could tell the pkg was meds and required a signature. She was happy to get her pkg, told me she was low on meds and would have been a PITA to drive to the post ofc to get her pkg. One time I delivered a HEAVY box, small..about 10Ă—10 inches...full of marbles. Packaged very poorly, the SCOTCH tape on a few corners had came loose and a few marbles had escaped. I did crawl on the floor of the LLV to retrieve the escapees, popped them back on and delivered the pkg. While it didn't require a signature, I knocked on the door and explained that the pkg was not prepared properly and a few had got out, which I'd returned. They were happy...BUT...then they made a claim, Postmaster called me in, said the customer said i opened the box, went thru the box...and stole the "expensive" ones!! Wow, even after explaining to the customer that it was packaged poorly, and that I had taken the time to find the stragglers. I had a very respectful relationship with my Postmaster and a spotless record, and also given the fact that this customer had done this before, I was not suspect. Oh well, all I do know is, when I lay down for the nite I can sleep easy. Ddf

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
be sure the bits and pieces returned are the actual item sent and not just some el cheap item busted up --so they can get to keep the real item for free once you return their fee for the "broken item" ..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread