OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What exactly am I missing here? You all are talking about the buyer as though they committed some sort of wrongdoing.

From the story: The buyer bought and paid for an item on ebay. The item did not show up when it was shown as delivered in the system. The buyer used ebay's own system as put in place for YEARS to attempt to rectify the situation. The package showed up and the case was closed. I have not seen ANYTHING to suggest the buyer did anything improper.

Again, what did the buyer do wrong? This is EXACTLY how I would have handled such a situation. "PITA buyer"? Leaving them negative feedback??? WTF is wrong with you people...

Buyers should always try to work things out with the seller before jumping to eBay. The buyer and I were doing just that; working through the situation. They were supposed to wait a week or so and then let me know if the item didn't show up. They were checking with their neighbor etc. Instead of doing that and acting normal, they waited two business days after the item was marked delivered on tracking and opened a case, completely ignoring the fact that I was helping them through the situation.

Just be patient. You don't have to have every single thing at the very second you want it. :dontknow: A buyer should never open a case that I don't know if going to be opened, because I work out issues with buyers time and time again. That's why the whole issue annoyed me

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Buyers should always try to work things out with the seller before jumping to eBay. The buyer and I were doing just that; working through the situation. They were supposed to wait a week or so and then let me know if the item didn't show up. They were checking with their neighbor etc. Instead of doing that and acting normal, they waited two business days after the item was marked delivered on tracking and opened a case, completely ignoring the fact that I was helping them through the situation.

Just be patient. You don't have to have every single thing at the very second you want it. :dontknow: A buyer should never open a case that I don't know if going to be opened, because I work out issues with buyers time and time again. That's why the whole issue annoyed me

I'll say it again. What difference does it make if the buyer opened a case? That's how the eBay system is set up. If the item shows as delivered & they didn't get it I tell them to open a case. Once they do I provide tracking to eBay. If it shows up within a few days eBay closes the case. If it doesn't show up eBay closes the case. It doesn't matter what the outcome is because I'm covered by providing tracking.

I don't have any desire to waste my time going back and forth with a disgruntled buyer when I can simply say " I'm sorry your item didn't arrive. Open a case through the eBay system." I'm the same way with returns. Unless the item was broken in transit or is something I'd rather not have returned for some reason I tell buyers to open a case. If you do a return outside the eBay system you don't get your eBay fees back. There isn't anything to "work out". If they aren't happy with the item they can return for a refund. If it's lost in the mail eBay can handle it. Y'all are way over thinking this.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never be afraid to call a P.O. and ask for assistance. If you can't get satisfaction, make a complaint ON LINE at the USPS site. Someone at that P.O. has to answer to someone above to an online complaint.
I wish I had know that a few years ago. I am still ticked off at the post office and tell everyone every chance I get so here is short version.
I ordered a soft cover book for my wife. It has a CD in it.
Carrier folds in half to put in my mailbox and breaks the spine. (it was size of magazine but in envelope)
I call local post office and talk to postmistress.
Tell her what happened and the very first thing she says is "did you have it insured?" What? not sorry or anything to the effect?
She would do nothing else except say it was a new carrier. What does that have to do with it?
I told her I wanted to talk to her boss and she refused to give me any info. (could find nothing on line to help)

Now I have a new post office and I have a problem there. One teller there always has a bad joke for me ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread