Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Treasure Chest of Goodies on Ebay?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Terry, I would be bidding but am short of cash so I posted a link on Facebook for my better off friends. I hope you do Great! Do you ever sell single meteorites?
    Terry Soloman likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Make America Great Again!

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Tesoro Mojave -- Makro Multi Kruzer -- Notka Pinpointer -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger
    19031 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by xr7ator View Post
    Yo, Terry. What is a "victory" nickel? Did you mean V or Liberty nickel?

Yes! Liberty.

Charter Member
    us

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Tesoro Mojave -- Makro Multi Kruzer -- Notka Pinpointer -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger
    19031 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Indian Steve View Post
    Terry, I would be bidding but am short of cash so I posted a link on Facebook for my better off friends. I hope you do Great! Do you ever sell single meteorites?
    I've sold a couple of larger and oriented specimens in the past, but no, not as a rule. The one in the chest is a nice one. Over 35-grams with a nice bit of fusion crust, found in the only "Fossil Strewn Field," (Gold Basin), in the United States. I love me some space rocks! Sometimes I just hold them and ponder where they have been.

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    South Florida Cesspool
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    9267 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I took another look. I'd be afraid someone would buy it, take a few choice pieces for themselves, then say it wasn't as described and want a refund. You're out the shipping and the good pieces. I'd be leery of this type of listing myself. Just saying. Good luck.

Charter Member
    us

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    19031 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by diggummup View Post
    I took another look. I'd be afraid someone would buy it, take a few choice pieces for themselves, then say it wasn't as described and want a refund. You're out the shipping and the good pieces. I'd be leery of this type of listing myself. Just saying. Good luck.
    I have photos and the itemized appraisal list, so I'm not that worried on THAT end. However, my wife just came in with a CENSORED-eating grin on her face and said, "Three-days and no bids, tick-tock!"

us
    Dec 2008
    St. Augustine, FL
    1184 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    I have photos and the itemized appraisal list, so I'm not that worried on THAT end. However, my wife just came in with a CENSORED-eating grin on her face and said, "Three-days and no bids, tick-tock!"
    By not documenting the photos with they buyer and eBay or at the very least photographing the appraisal (independent appraisal - not just your inventory list and what you value it as) and providing that documentation as part of the listing, a buyer absolutely can dispute it as not being as described. It would be your word against theirs. Guess what? eBay will side with the buyer. You'll be out the shipping and the choice pieces. All they need to do is send back what you photographed/documented as part of the listing. These "mystery" listings should really be avoided.
    diggummup likes this.

Charter Member

Dec 2012
    MXT-PRO Sandshark
    10795 times
    Metal Detecting
    the gold at melt is more than the start price? I may have to bid when my wife goes on vacation
    Terry Soloman and T.C. like this.
    EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT, EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE OK
    IT'S GONNA BE A GOOD GOOD LIFE, THAT'S WHAT MY THERAPISTS SAY

Charter Member
    us

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    19031 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Diver_Down View Post
    By not documenting the photos with they buyer and eBay or at the very least photographing the appraisal (independent appraisal - not just your inventory list and what you value it as) and providing that documentation as part of the listing, a buyer absolutely can dispute it as not being as described. It would be your word against theirs. Guess what? eBay will side with the buyer. You'll be out the shipping and the choice pieces. All they need to do is send back what you photographed/documented as part of the listing. These "mystery" listings should really be avoided.
    I guess I have more faith in people Diver_Down. Surely you don't know anyone that would do that? Besides, I'm just crazy enough to go to their house with my crazy cousin the lawyer, a local LEO, and a very bad attitude.

Charter Member
    us
    WP

Mar 2014
    Dallas,GA
    CZ6A
    4937 times
    I almost hit the button just to get the ball rolling.....But then I thought,"what if no one else bids? I'm not sure I have enough in paypal to cover it"

And on the scammers? We all hear stories..I sell a little of anything and everything. I've only ever had 2 scammers one for new software and another on a pocket watch.. and Ebay is really helpful in those cases. You may spend hours on the phone but....I also sell everything as is. The "not as described" doesn't hold too much weight if there are pictures of everything or buying a "mystery chest". People will try and Ebay help isn't dumb to that game.

Before someone bids you could put" as-is not return" because of the items.
    Last edited by Nitric; Sep 12, 2018 at 08:52 PM.

May 2012
    Kalamity Falls, Orygun
    Whites M6
    1647 times
    I think a few people on here, including myself, are watching this closely in anticipation of bidding on it.
    Nitric and Terry Soloman like this.

us
    Sep 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro
    1443 times
    Somebody opened the bidding...

Charter Member
    us
    WP

Mar 2014
    Dallas,GA
    CZ6A
    4937 times
    Quote Originally Posted by T.C. View Post
    I think a few people on here, including myself, are watching this closely in anticipation of bidding on it.
    It's on my watch list, I can't bid because ...Well? I don't have the extra cash to play along. But...I did se another item Terry had that I'm thinking about..

Charter Member
    us
    May 2010
    Goldbug Pro , Equinox 800
    163 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xr7ator View Post
    Somebody opened the bidding...

Charter Member
    us

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    19031 times
    Metal Detecting
    Well, I just packed it all up. I'm excited, and a little sad. As I was packing up the items I was thinking about the days I found them, and how excited I was to pull them out of the hole. Some of the items brought back memories of great hunting buddies over the years, and just how much pleasure I have gotten from our hobby. As I packed away the Arizona arrowheads for instance, I could feel the early morning Zona sun on my back again, and smell the redolent of the desert. Amazing!

Whoever wins this auction is going to get a lot of stuff, and my hope is they will appreciate the research, and hours of detecting and hiking that went into their discovery. I was trying to calculate the number of pulltab, nail, and canslaw targets dug to reveal all the treasure in the chest, but the number is in the thousands and I got tired, sore, and sweaty just thinking about it! Five bids so far, with two-days left. I'm pretty happy, and my better half hasn't said a word since yesterday!!!

Charter Member

Dec 2012
    MXT-PRO Sandshark
    10795 times
    Metal Detecting
    I prefer bidding at the end

smell the colitas in the desert?
    EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT, EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE OK
    IT'S GONNA BE A GOOD GOOD LIFE, THAT'S WHAT MY THERAPISTS SAY

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads