eBay's 'related items' advertising is strange

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I have spent some time looking at antique manuscripts on eBay lately. I am talking about things from the 16th - 18th centuries. That is fine. However, at the bottom of the listings I am looking at, where eBay posts some 'related items' that they think you may be interested in, all they have are sponsored listings for Japanese bondage photography books. Not quite related to my antique manuscript searches.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Don't go on Facebook with a significant other watching. eBay has sponsored ads that will encourage you to have another look. It might lead to some uncomfortable questions by your significant other.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't go on Facebook with a significant other watching. eBay has sponsored ads that will encourage you to have another look. It might lead to some uncomfortable questions by your significant other.

Yep, I opened up a 2nd FB account just for selling (mostly antiques and coins) I used a little twist on my name. I did not want anyone to see my listing and come visit me at two the the morning. Mr Smith and Mr Wesson would not like that. On my new account I only had about 16 local FB selling groups and no friends. I started getting "people you might know" popups. Not one single one even came close to anybody I might know. They were all VERY scantily clad asian women and people from Korea and the middle east. (I could not read any of the names) So I added a few regular chat groups and a couple of friends that I do not follow. After a week or so those popups have stopped.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
i was looking at some bottles and in the suggested was a suggestive zippo lighter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread