Wrong seller / returns

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a buyer who wants to return an expensive item. ($450.) She has a history of returns; left 3 sellers negative feedback around returns.

The reason she picked was, The sweater is too small; it's too tight. I didn't sell her a sweater. I sell jewelry.

Should I just decline and tell her she has the wrong seller? Can she open a paypal case?

If I send her a message saying that, can she change the reason for her return to ohh, the jewelry doesn't fit?

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
You have a record of the sale...right?

OP
OP
M

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
ya. It says right on there that I sold her a necklace.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
I wouldn't worry...as long as you sold her jewelry and have a record. You might send her a message saying just that. If she changes her stance you have a record of that as well then.

OP
OP
M

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks. I really, really need that money. I know. I shouldn't have done it, but it's already spent.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ebay does track buying patterns. If a buyer has a pattern of excessive returns, they will suspend their account.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ebay does track buying patterns. If a buyer has a pattern of excessive returns, they will suspend their account.

You can even call them and bring it to their attention. I did this with brand new software. I sold 4 of them factory sealed, hers was the only one that she claimed it didn't work. And with that there is no proof, once she's loaded it and used the code it's worthless and how do I prove that it did work. I contacted the other buyer since they bought 3 of them(This buyer bought a bunch from me and we had comunication going) and he told me that they all worked, so I know hers was fine. I contacted Ebay, was pretty much told I was out of luck, software is one of those things that it's hard to prove, I could contact microsoft to see if the code was used etc...I just refunded and moved on. But while talking to Ebay, you could tell the guy on the other end felt for me(or at least acted that way) he said he would put a note on her account in case it becomes a repeat thing.

On the sweater? You already have her message saying it's a sweater she is trying to return. Deny the return. If anything comes of it, call Ebay, they can read the messages and they will remove any negative feedback. I've had it done before. Don't hesitate to get on the phone with problems!!! We pay for that with our fees!! It's a pain but if your in the right and have an issue they will straighten it out. I have had real good luck with them taking my side on things..I'm persistent too though.

I have a no return policy, but will take one if there is a real problem, this cuts out some scammers and buyers remorse. If it would have been you that sold the sweater, and the size was clearly marked in the listing or "no returns" you would not have to take it back!!! Not relevant here now, but this is one reason I have a no return policy. Ebay will back that too!!!! I have had good luck with that.

If she changes her reason deny it. You have the messages to show ebay that she was reaching for a problem. This has happened to me also, Ebay took my side. Think a little ahead when messaging her. I had a guy trying everything for a return. Even begging me in messaging. All most to the point of harassment. No matter what they say to you, stay calm, polite, and professional( somewhat). I was in the same position too!! I needed milk and diapers money bad!! I listed one of my prized pocket watches cheap BIN, I even took a low offer just to get the money quick. Then the idiot tried everything to return it, he tried everything too...I really think he may have been a "parts swapper". The money was already spent, I took half of the watches value(seen them going almost double in completed sales) but I didn't have time to wait on the higher price. etc... Ebay took my side and said it was "Buyers Remorse" and their policy doesn't make you accept a return for that.

I know my spelling,wording,punc. is all wrong above, I'm trying to type fast in between dealing with my Son. coming back to add things..:laughing7:

Last edited:

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I'm not sure I see the issue here. You sold a necklace & she wants to return a sweater. From what you said it sounds like she opened a case through eBay. Respond through the eBay system & be sure to put in writing that you didn't sell her a sweater you sold her a necklace. Checking her feedback and worrying about what might happen is a waste of time & energy.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If she changes her story report her for abusing the return process and state the apparent history of returns.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread