OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must have them priced very fairly.

That would explain selling them at the beginning, but I'm having a harder time explaining why they sell better when the listing is about to end. Is there more exposure then?

Carlitosway2

Apr 11, 2016
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
(Favorite) CTX 3030
(Back up) whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would explain selling them at the beginning, but I'm having a harder time explaining why they sell better when the listing is about to end. Is there more exposure then?

Some people have search set for newly listed others ending soonest. I still think you have items listed very fair to be sold within 30 days. Try changing your buy it now price to a starting bid and run it for 7-10 days.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Almost everything on eBay sells in a specific price range. I price everything at the higher end of that range. The items that sell quickly for me are ones that have what I call a higher sell through rate. In other words, when checking completed auctions the solds are a high percentage of completed listings. Items with a lower sell through rate will sell at my price but it takes longer. I haven't noticed an uptick in sales at the end of the 30 day listing period but then again I list everything "good until cancelled" so it automatically relists. On a side note, I won't buy anything for resale unless at least 1 out of 3 completed items sold.

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ebay sends out push notifications on watched items that are ending soon. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Last edited:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ebay sends out push notifications on watched items that are ending soon. Maybe that has something to do with it.
I get those all the time “there are eyes on your item, lower the price 5% and we will let them know” I have done it a few times and it never works. Then after a few days I have to remember what my original price was to mark it back up.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's a good point. I think that's probably part of it.

man_in_black

Nov 2, 2013
Pensacola
Detector(s) used
Fisher F44
Bounty Hunter QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Along with the other responses, a lot of times buyers will "watch" an item while hoping they'll find similar/same items for less $. If/when they don't find it elsewhere, they buy yours. (I'm guilty of this myself). What I REALLY don't get is why buyers wait until the last couple of minutes to submit a best offer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread