How many listings do You have?

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
To be honest, I let all my listings end in the new year. Took some time off. I'll be starting to list some items tonight and will keep adding a handful each day. I never have had that many listings. At most, I might only have 20 at any given time. I just don't care to deal with the questions when there are too many listings.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I have 17! The most I have had at one time is about 40. But I have hundreds of items to sell before me move to a new house! I’m going to use this post for inspiration!

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I keep between 200-250 active listings most of the year & sell between 20-70 items monthly.

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have about 30 listed that just relist until they sell. Just the other day I get a PayPal alert that says I have $100. It was from something my wife paid a quarter for and posted summer 2017. Nice surprise. We both hate the process of listing stuff on eBay and have thousands of items that need to be listed. 30 listings in one night sounds impossible to me, with my system anyway. Set up light box. Take pictures with phone. Transfer to computer. Photoshop if needed. Come up with description. Figure out shipping (which I always guess too low on!). We sell stuff at an antique mall and much of the stuff we come across is just more suited for eBay. I guess one day when we retire or get desperate we will get better at listing. If we each had 1,000 listings up at any given time I think we could go full time. If we would work half as hard for ourselves as we do for out employers we could go full time. If...

AlabamaClay

Dec 27, 2004
RW, I don’t know how you transfer your photos from your phone to your computer but if you have the eBay app on your phone and you take pictures using it, the photos are automatically there when you access the draft of the listing on your computer. This may save you some time and effort.

AlabamaClay

Dec 27, 2004
I never have more than the 50 free listings - usually about 20. Lots of things to sell though. Just dont like listing as much as finding.

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Awesome. Wife says thanks!

RW, I don’t know how you transfer your photos from your phone to your computer but if you have the eBay app on your phone and you take pictures using it, the photos are automatically there when you access the draft of the listing on your computer. This may save you some time and effort.

OtakuDude

Apr 16, 2007
Monee, IL
I have about 220 up right now. I'm taking it easy and only listing a few items a day at this point.

I'm with RW. How the hell do you list 30 a day??

My system is pretty much like his. Set up photo studio on the kitchen table. Take a buttload of pics (usually about 200 in a session). Spend 3-4 days editing/enhancing those pics into something presentable. Uploading the pics to Photobucket. Scouring the web for item specifics like a model number, a MPN, etc. Writing a description (or better yet, yanking one off a manufacturers website). Editing that into something concise. And finally posting on ebay and checking out competing items to figure out a price.

What's your ebay ID? I'd like to look at your auctions and perhaps pick up a shortcut or two I can use.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just plug my samsung into the USB & charge port and navigate to where the pics are. My photos always need cropping and sometime I will take 2-3 of certain angles. I will only keep one. Besides how can you tell if they are in focus on your phone, need a big computer screen to see all.

No way will I load a program on my phone to list auctions. I like to see what the auction looks like before I hit the "list" button.

Kahlen

Feb 17, 2019
Jacksonville, Florida
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have 17! The most I have had at one time is about 40. But I have hundreds of items to sell before me move to a new house! I’m going to use this post for inspiration!

Are you me? I'm also going to move to a new house (retiring in Greece8-)), so at the moment I'm selling my collection! But I have just like 6 active listings

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 54 right now. But, these are the ones I list till they sell. I use the 50 free ebay gives, just got another 200 free. I have not paid a listing fee in many years.

I believe ebay pushes new listings to the top of pages and then moves them down and down. What I did yesterday was delete all auctions (they had 3-4 days left) and relist using the free listings I get.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
28 listings. Difficult to find any good items. The well has gone dry here.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have about 220 up right now. I'm taking it easy and only listing a few items a day at this point.

I'm with RW. How the hell do you list 30 a day??

My system is pretty much like his. Set up photo studio on the kitchen table. Take a buttload of pics (usually about 200 in a session). Spend 3-4 days editing/enhancing those pics into something presentable. Uploading the pics to Photobucket. Scouring the web for item specifics like a model number, a MPN, etc. Writing a description (or better yet, yanking one off a manufacturers website). Editing that into something concise. And finally posting on ebay and checking out competing items to figure out a price.

What's your ebay ID? I'd like to look at your auctions and perhaps pick up a shortcut or two I can use.

My ID is Beachkid23 .. I’ll rephrase. I’ll list 30 a day once a week. I’ll do my Drafts in lots. Only sell jewelry and sterling, although doing consignments lately. So lll have 10 sterling silver bracelets. One listing and copy it. Change the info. Add pics at night

Atlanta Mi Dave

Feb 19, 2009
Atlanta, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark and Tesoro Cibola Minelab 505, Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The most I ever had was 1400. I had about 140 until I got the Seller Update and saw what they are going to do with all BIN going to Good Til Cancelled and then automatically relisted and if you don't have any free listings left, you will be charged a listing fee.I removed 100 items. If I ever have to pay Ebay a listing fee I am done! I quit!

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I ever have to pay Ebay a listing fee I am done! I quit!

I think I would do the same, they already make a good commission from me. I have not paid a listing fee in many years. I have never paid an enhancement fee.

Right now I have 48 going sold several over the weekend.

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
48 bottomless dutch auctions which generate ~300 sales a month, though many sales are for multiples.

BTW Cyberdan, some time ago you mentioned buying up cheap pewter and ever since I've been hoarding it, it was a great suggestion I'm probably at 50lbs or so now. One day I'll melt it and sell but no need currently. Found a heavy set from Bolivia that is 97% tin which is pretty cool, and pure enough to melt with copper to make bronze in the furnace.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW Cyberdan, some time ago you mentioned buying up cheap pewter and ever since I've been hoarding it, it was a great suggestion I'm probably at 50lbs or so now.

I gave up doing that after my move up north. I even advertised on facebook to buy all pewter and not even a nibble.

Right now one pound ingots are selling $15-20 per pound. You will lose some when melting and pouring but you could have $750 to $1000 in sales there. (I have the old melting pot and molds if interested)

P.S. what is bottomless dutch?

Attachments

• 657758475_o.jpg
    657758475_o.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 90

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread