Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: How many listings do You have?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Oct 2013
    fort myers fl
    4379 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

How many listings do You have?

I知 at 221. Just listed 30 tonight. Sold 4 off the bat.. would like to get to 1000 listings. But getting to this has been a job! How many do y誕ll have up?

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2008
    St. Augustine, FL
    1426 times
    To be honest, I let all my listings end in the new year. Took some time off. I'll be starting to list some items tonight and will keep adding a handful each day. I never have had that many listings. At most, I might only have 20 at any given time. I just don't care to deal with the questions when there are too many listings.

us
    Apr 2014
    Midwest
    1084 times
    Thrift Stores/Ebay
    I have 17! The most I have had at one time is about 40. But I have hundreds of items to sell before me move to a new house! I知 going to use this post for inspiration!

us
    Nov 2009
    1169 times
    I keep between 200-250 active listings most of the year & sell between 20-70 items monthly.
    Drmad7 likes this.

RW
    us
    Ron

Feb 2007
    Fort Worth'ish
    Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
    593 times
    Cache Hunting
    I have about 30 listed that just relist until they sell. Just the other day I get a PayPal alert that says I have $100. It was from something my wife paid a quarter for and posted summer 2017. Nice surprise. We both hate the process of listing stuff on eBay and have thousands of items that need to be listed. 30 listings in one night sounds impossible to me, with my system anyway. Set up light box. Take pictures with phone. Transfer to computer. Photoshop if needed. Come up with description. Figure out shipping (which I always guess too low on!). We sell stuff at an antique mall and much of the stuff we come across is just more suited for eBay. I guess one day when we retire or get desperate we will get better at listing. If we each had 1,000 listings up at any given time I think we could go full time. If we would work half as hard for ourselves as we do for out employers we could go full time. If...

Dec 2004
    44 times
    RW, I don’t know how you transfer your photos from your phone to your computer but if you have the eBay app on your phone and you take pictures using it, the photos are automatically there when you access the draft of the listing on your computer. This may save you some time and effort.
    RW likes this.

Dec 2004
    44 times
    I never have more than the 50 free listings - usually about 20. Lots of things to sell though. Just dont like listing as much as finding.
    RW and Drmad7 like this.

RW
    us
    Ron

Feb 2007
    Fort Worth'ish
    Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
    593 times
    Cache Hunting
    Awesome. Wife says thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaClay View Post
    RW, I don’t know how you transfer your photos from your phone to your computer but if you have the eBay app on your phone and you take pictures using it, the photos are automatically there when you access the draft of the listing on your computer. This may save you some time and effort.

us
    Apr 2007
    Monee, IL
    160 times
    I have about 220 up right now. I'm taking it easy and only listing a few items a day at this point.

I'm with RW. How the hell do you list 30 a day??

My system is pretty much like his. Set up photo studio on the kitchen table. Take a buttload of pics (usually about 200 in a session). Spend 3-4 days editing/enhancing those pics into something presentable. Uploading the pics to Photobucket. Scouring the web for item specifics like a model number, a MPN, etc. Writing a description (or better yet, yanking one off a manufacturers website). Editing that into something concise. And finally posting on ebay and checking out competing items to figure out a price.

What's your ebay ID? I'd like to look at your auctions and perhaps pick up a shortcut or two I can use.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, White's TDI SL, Tesoro Tejon
    18424 times
    Banner Finds (7)
    I don’t have any!

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2006
    Left Coast
    XLT & Bigfoot
    1880 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaClay View Post
    I just plug my samsung into the USB & charge port and navigate to where the pics are. My photos always need cropping and sometime I will take 2-3 of certain angles. I will only keep one. Besides how can you tell if they are in focus on your phone, need a big computer screen to see all.

No way will I load a program on my phone to list auctions. I like to see what the auction looks like before I hit the "list" button.
    at yard sales I am dollardan

us
    Feb 2019
    Jacksonville, Florida
    1 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Drmad7 View Post
    I have 17! The most I have had at one time is about 40. But I have hundreds of items to sell before me move to a new house! I’m going to use this post for inspiration!
    Are you me? I'm also going to move to a new house (retiring in Greece), so at the moment I'm selling my collection! But I have just like 6 active listings
    Drmad7 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2006
    Left Coast
    XLT & Bigfoot
    1880 times
    I have 54 right now. But, these are the ones I list till they sell. I use the 50 free ebay gives, just got another 200 free. I have not paid a listing fee in many years.

I believe ebay pushes new listings to the top of pages and then moves them down and down. What I did yesterday was delete all auctions (they had 3-4 days left) and relist using the free listings I get.
    at yard sales I am dollardan

us
    May 2008
    Oklahoma
    Ace 250
    905 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    28 listings. Difficult to find any good items. The well has gone dry here.

Oct 2013
    fort myers fl
    4379 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OtakuDude View Post
    I have about 220 up right now. I'm taking it easy and only listing a few items a day at this point.

I'm with RW. How the hell do you list 30 a day??

My system is pretty much like his. Set up photo studio on the kitchen table. Take a buttload of pics (usually about 200 in a session). Spend 3-4 days editing/enhancing those pics into something presentable. Uploading the pics to Photobucket. Scouring the web for item specifics like a model number, a MPN, etc. Writing a description (or better yet, yanking one off a manufacturers website). Editing that into something concise. And finally posting on ebay and checking out competing items to figure out a price.

What's your ebay ID? I'd like to look at your auctions and perhaps pick up a shortcut or two I can use.
    My ID is Beachkid23 .. I値l rephrase. I値l list 30 a day once a week. I値l do my Drafts in lots. Only sell jewelry and sterling, although doing consignments lately. So lll have 10 sterling silver bracelets. One listing and copy it. Change the info. Add pics at night

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links