Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Some one said they were knock offs and did not work well. But it could be i am wrong .

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just for fun, I looked at their site for a Minelab CTX 3030...$400 dollars...need I say more! :dontknow:

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
When it comes to fakes and frauds, Alibaba makes eBay and Amazon look like fourth rate amateurs.

Time for more coffee.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be forewarned they sell counterfeit detectors and at times don't even deliver the counterfeit product at all.

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use it quite often for importing material and resale items. I defiantly wouldn't use it for name brand items especially since that even if they are real they can seized by customs for not having proper import licenses. I use Aliexpress just for cool things and cheap 3rd shift electronics.

FloridaHunter

Dec 6, 2004
Florida
Made many purchases on there years ago, but the site is full of scam artists too. I got scammed twice for orders. Received nothing and Alibaba could have cared less. Do your homework and make sure they are legit.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can not track your purchase, or get a immediate replacement on damage goods as we all know the post office is not perfect I would avoid.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When they first came into being and I saw the company's name, "Alibaba", I thought what possible could go wrong!! :icon_scratch::laughing7::occasion14:

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you collect counterfeit coins you could go crazy with all that is available.

I was thinking about buying bulk escrap off of there if I could find someone that takes PayPal and it would be safe

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still get a bad build or cheap product every once in awhile from other sites. But I seem to do better buying online than local retailers. Some things like a shovel or rock hammer it just as easy to buy local. I always wondered why folks dont use a entrenching shovel instead of a high priced military grade piece of steel for relics?

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was thinking about buying bulk escrap off of there if I could find someone that takes PayPal and it would be safe

Do you have any experience with international freight shipments? Even if you find a good product you can take a beating on importing it. In E waste anything less than a container would probably be a losing proposition.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have any experience with international freight shipments? Even if you find a good product you can take a beating on importing it. In E waste anything less than a container would probably be a losing proposition.

Yeah, I figured out that there's quite a bit to it. I was mainly looking at domestic stuff right now. There's supposedly a company in Texas that has some, but I don't know if it's legit or not. Haven't looked at it too far yet.

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you looking for commercial stuff like telecom switches and servers or just any? I just sell mine on ebay when I get enough. I build pc's as a hobby and tend to end up with some either obsolete or broken stuff. Most people don't want the old parts back. But I've ran across places trying to get rid of boxes and barrels of components on craigslist before and in storage locker auctions.

Raider19962

Mar 4, 2018
Delaware, The First State
Detector(s) used
White's, Technetics, Fisher M, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When they first came into being and I saw the company's name, "Alibaba", I thought what possible could go wrong!! :icon_scratch::laughing7::occasion14:

Alibaba and the 40 thieves! I understand this is a Chinese attempt at copying Amazon, only it's a lot of junk, fake products.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you looking for commercial stuff like telecom switches and servers or just any? I just sell mine on ebay when I get enough. I build pc's as a hobby and tend to end up with some either obsolete or broken stuff. Most people don't want the old parts back. But I've ran across places trying to get rid of boxes and barrels of components on craigslist before and in storage locker auctions.

I was looking at memory, cpus, and hard drives mainly, but I mess with all of it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread