Buying/Selling Coins/Sniping

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey All,

I'm new to this part of the forum, just getting into the e-Bay part of coin hunting/silver stacking. Over all I am trying to grow my coin collection, that's my first priority, so there's a lot of flexibility in what I am trying to do.

My goal is to buy nice coins (mostly silver ones) at discount prices on eBay with auctions and trying to snipe with just a few seconds left. I hear some people use software for this, other people get lucky when an item is incorrectly posted, and some get lucky by snagging it once it's posted and bidding low and just hoping to do that enough times until one or two coins sneak through other hunters cracks and end up with awesome success stories of remarkably cheap coins (large head cents, silver dollars, etc.)

Are other people on TNet doing this? What are your goals? What are you buying? Do you plan on selling? What should I be paying for silver FV(X10? x11?)

Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated. I've learned so much from TNet in the last 5-10 years, please comment or pm me to talk more :) :coffee2:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I buy colonial antiques occasionally, and I do one of two things. Put the max bid in and ignore it, generally I lose the auction. The other way is I snipe for way too much at the last second.

Frankly, I don't do too well especially when I sell something, but I don't have a business, and just sell to get something else. Silver is moving in price right now. I rarely buy metals on the net. I've not tried any software.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
It's been my experience that coins selling for less than market value on eBay are few and far between.

OP
OP
Wickaboag

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Just snagged 4 Peace Dollars that were mis-labeled for $7/each. (4 Coin Lot). :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread