Suspicious Buyer

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shipped an item today that I sold over the weekend. Then, I got a message from eBay saying they cancelled the guys bid because he is no longer registered on eBay. The buyer paid with PayPal and the money is still showing in my account. I'm assuming that everything is fine, and that the buyer registered to buy my item and then closed their account when it shipped. EBay isn't going to pull the buyers payment out of paypal or anything, right?

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah me either. I just wanted to make sure someone else thought that too. Thanks

ROIGuy

Jun 9, 2019
Palos Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600/ Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you luck Bassmaster96.. I've been scammed before on Ebay because I "trusted" the buyers and didn't want to get a bad seller rating... It was a return of one item because it didn't fit, and they asked me to send the size larger. I voided the original sale and refunded their payment expecting them to complete a sale on the larger item...
They never paid. Small loss of money but still... I sent an invoice to the woman and radio silence. I always advise caution when selling over Ebay.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've sold stuff on ebay before, with success, but it was a pain in the butt. That's why I try to use the forums as much as I can.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've sold on eBay for about 10 years full time, so I've definitely saw it. If I get a message from the buyer in any way, it will be ignored at this point. Thanks for your input guys.

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
I know its to late, but like A2coins said, I would have had that package intercepted and returned to me immediately. Its a helpful tool USPS offers that my buddies and I have used more than once!

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything worked out fine. I'm sure the buyer created an account to buy the item and then deleted it as soon as they saw it shipped. I had their payment complete and correct in paypal, so there was no reason to hold it, regardless of what eBay said. Still a strange situation, but glad it worked out that time.

I wasn't aware of how easy it was to intercept and return a package however. Thanks for that info, I'll definitely keep that in mind :icon_thumleft:

colonial relic hunter

Nov 26, 2007
Harrison city, Pa
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X3 & X2 and X5. Whites spectrum & silver eagle ll. Garrett ADS 4.
eBay sucks and they always protect the buyer more than the seller.. This has happen to me many times over on eBay and they basically do nothing but send messages to them and if they don't reply they get away with it with no consequences.. eBay has to have stricter bylaws for this..

With me they used E-checking and buying items that they say they never received or damaged or they order the wrong part and file a case on you for the wrong item sent and expect you to pay for their mistake.. Well the past few years it has gotten better in that because you can settle on the option for partial refund and add a 15% restocking fee on top of that..

Plus i have add they send different part or artifact back and that can be an never ending process with ebay but you have to keep fighting.. I do mark all my parts but artifacts i do not..

I have had them like i said they never got them even though the tracking said they did and in the early days eBay sided with these crooks.. But that is getting better too with eBay because we kept up the fight and they will change..

I believe because he canceled his account you still will keep the money because of the transaction was made before he canceled and shipped.. This has been fought for many years too with eBay and we are finally winning and winning against the crooks.. Believe me the crooks are still out there inventing new ways to scam all of us and l am happy for you that you were on the winning side of it..

Colonial Relic Hunter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread