a buyer with 0 feedback wanting to buy a very expensive item seems fishy? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: a buyer with 0 feedback wanting to buy a very expensive item seems fishy?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    EQ8
    us
    Feb 2020
    Sw Wisconsin
    Equinox 800 Garrett Carrot
    356 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Billieg View Post
    The big problem with selling on ebay is if the buyer states "not as described" Ebay will refund their money before you get the item back. Then try to get it back.... Good luck...
    Quoted for truth! Paypal is bad that way also.
    Getting to be the new norm in America. Up to the victim to prove anything. Sad..
    A2coins and john845 like this.
    You don't stop playing because you get old..
    You get old because you stop playing

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    42058 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Ebay can take the money put it on hold if he wants a refund all he has to do is ship anything back to you showing he did and your out the money Not saying all new debaters are bad people just be careful even if you put a no return policy which I dont think you can anymore you have to accept returns. Be careful
    RustyGold likes this.
    Still Available Approved TreasureNet Sticker $2.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 34 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy.................... Put it on my Trans Am FREE SHIPPING Street Racing My Trans Am W/Tnet Stick

EQ8
    us
    Feb 2020
    Sw Wisconsin
    Equinox 800 Garrett Carrot
    356 times
    Quote Originally Posted by A2coins View Post
    Ebay can take the money put it on hold if he wants a refund all he has to do is ship anything back to you showing he did and your out the money Not saying all new debaters are bad people just be careful even if you put a no return policy which I dont think you can anymore you have to accept returns. Be careful
    You can post "No returns" but as you said, it is meaningless. They refund anyway.
    You don't stop playing because you get old..
    You get old because you stop playing

ca
    Jun 2011
    burlington ontario
    2 bounty hunter 2200's garrett at pro 2 garrett pro pointers
    179 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    its true you can say no returns but it doesnt matter if the buyer wants a return he will get it, well the seller i was talking about in this thread never did come back but a few weeks ago i had a buyer with 0 feedback buy it but he never paid!

us
    Dec 2017
    Newburgh ny
    Whites Class III SL. Spectrum xlt Tesoro Vaquero Compadre
    1052 times
    I had a buyer buy a couple metal detectors from me. I listed them for parts and as none working a few months went by and then he wanted too return them he claimed I sent him different detector s then the ones pictured. I denied the return because he got exactly what he bid on. I also moved money from my PayPal. He never got a refund from me. But he did leave bad feedback. I have been selling more higher dollar items then usual lately. I haven't had a problem with the feedback. I haven't had a buyer bring it up. Just recently I had a new buyer win a auction for $630. He couldn't pay me and strung me along for 5 days before I had to relist the item. Now this same guy is bidding on it again. I should just block him. He even tried to get me to sell it to him off site. I never responded to his messages about that. I just can't believe some people. How can you bid something that high and I know he doesn't even have a bank account. He was telling me his NetSpend card address didn't match his PayPal address. NetSpend is a prepaid debit card. I have one myself I use with pay pal. This guy only had 4 feedbacks. My father is a top rated seller and he always tells me to be careful with new accounts or very little feedback. He got beat out of a $800 license plate that he shipped over seas. I guess you can't track it after it leaves the country. I wish sellers had more protection. It gets me very angry.
    RustyGold likes this.

us
    nomad roman numeral 2

Nov 2009
    nomads land
    any tector i can get my hands on
    2434 times
    do ya have a good luck charm ? are ya lucky ? unlike me. then i would'nt.

Charter Member
    us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030 AT Pro
    7775 times
    Zero feedback Zero Sale. I also look very carefully at the feedback of low feedback buyers. Crooks open an account and then another. Buy things from themselves and leave positive feedback. If you study the pattern you can spot them. I am a constant victim of Buyers that do the switch a roo. They request a return. I reply that once the item is returned and I verify my secret mark I will refund their money. Only about 5% of them actually send me the item. For items that can be opened, Laptops hard drives etc I fill a screw hole with black wax. If i get it back and the wax is compromised No Return. I also photo the wax before and after and send the pics to eBay when I deny the return. Has worked so far. I still get burned on occasion but It has reduced my losses. My gains far out weigh the losses so to me, it is a cost of doing business. I sell lots of computer components RAM CPU Parts etc.. I have had more than one bulk buyer that will buy 50 plus pieces then claim 1-5 are bad (Not possible they are tested) These guys get blocked for trying to up their profit by as little as $25 Amazing how some will go through the trouble for $25? Block em. My list is long
    Anything That Comes Out of The Dirt Is Awesome!

Best find 1941 Patek Philippe 2 register flat pusher Chronograph Bought 1,000 Sold 62,000 !!
    First Year 911 Porsche Purchased 36K SOLD 140K!!! Whoo Hoo

Oct 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberdan View Post
    Here is my list. Less than 10 are because they caused trouble. All the rest are from others lists. (someone would warn about a buyer or seller and I would add them.)

2bushgardens, amyp1664, bryanhamilton1, cad777864, cdickerson361, chatho777, christopherthissen, dallasresellers, dezoologist, earthmetalgear, g-mouse, georgebarcellos, globiker, jonnyray50, julicesa-73, kzkz15, lacyway6, largedistant1201, largedistant1202, largedistant1203, largedistant1204, largedistant1205, largedistant1206, largedistant1207, largedistant1208, largedistant1209, largedistant1210, largedistant1211, largedistant1212, largedistant1213, largedistant1214, largedistant1215, largedistant1216, largedistant1217, largedistant1218, largedistant1219, largedistant1220, lectronix2020, library_services, lmweb68, lovemy*boys, luvmylife57, marketing-master1, mricheyus, nguyen321, pti1172, raj1000561, richest110, sean.gherciu, sellit78money, simplysellingstuffdenver, sparkleplenty122, torrdo9, uniquefindings-650, voitsekh_k, wb5757, wesellitall2020, widowssonjoseph, xa-electronics

I hope none of you guys are up there.
    Hi sorry for the thread necromancy, but do you recall why you blocked all the “largedistant2xxx” accounts? I just got a sale from them and the message they sent sounds fishy. Are they a freight forwarding company? Thanks!

us
    Dec 2006
    Very Northern Left Coast
    XLT & Bigfoot
    2086 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Phreaktor View Post
    Hi sorry for the thread necromancy, but do you recall why you blocked all the “largedistant2xxx” accounts? I just got a sale from them and the message they sent sounds fishy. Are they a freight forwarding company? Thanks!
    check your messages.
    When I did yard sales I was dollardan. No yard sales where I am now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links