cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
flea bay started adding sales tax to everything I sell. I'm in a "no sales tax" state. Why should they start collecting sales tax here, when someone from NorCal can drive up and buy stuff in the stores, sales tax free?

Actually that is what I do all the time. Gas is $1 cheaper and i don't have to pump it. I live 20 miles south of Brookings.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually that is what I do all the time. Gas is $1 cheaper and i don't have to pump it. I live 20 miles south of Brookings.

I don't blame ya, Dan! I would do the same thing. People from Dorris, Tulelake and Butte Valley, CA., drive up to Oregon and shop, buy tax free goods. Enjoy it, "Moonbeams" little sister is trying to figure out a sales tax for Oregon...

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like Amazon over ebay now, still get charge tax, but free shipping with my prime membership and usually get stuff in 2 days.

EQ8

Feb 1, 2020
Sw Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They charge tax to the buyer from THEIR state, not yours.
The buyer's state gets the money.
They also tax shipping, at least in WI they do.

EQ8

Feb 1, 2020
Sw Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like Amazon over ebay now, still get charge tax, but free shipping with my prime membership and usually get stuff in 2 days.

Kind of an oxymoron.. "Free shipping for only 100 bucks a year"?

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just FYI they can now charge TAX on Shipping Charges. Just happened to me and I went ballistic but, to no avail.

I had returned an item last week and they weren't going to refund the tax on the Shipping Charges (Amazon). I called them and threatened to close my account (like that really skeered them) if they couldn't straighten this out. The representative said they [Amazon] does NOT refund Shipping Charges, REALLY? They always have in the past.

Don't argue with the CS Reps - do like I do and get a Supervisor or Manager to assist you with your issues. It has worked every time for me.

They're gonna get every nickel out of you one way or the other. :(

Cheers.
-DH-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread