All Treasure Hunting

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I have just been moved over to managed payments and I can see one issue already that I am not going to like. My payments will be deposited in my bank account within a couple days. Great. However, I use that money to pay the shipping for the item I just sold. Also, I use my paypal to buy things as well and without it being replenished by me selling things, I am now going to have to transfer money over to it or have it pull from a card/account instead. What a pain.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have just been moved over to managed payments and I can see one issue already that I am not going to like. My payments will be deposited in my bank account within a couple days. Great. However, I use that money to pay the shipping for the item I just sold. Also, I use my paypal to buy things as well and without it being replenished by me selling things, I am now going to have to transfer money over to it or have it pull from a card/account instead. What a pain.

That's been a lot of trouble for me lately. I checked paypal the other day and it has been randomly pulling funds from paypal for labels when my pending payouts run out. So the end of the year figures will be off some, but that won't be too big of an issue, although it is annoying since that was one reason this was supposed to be better. I still think the once a week payouts have been working better than the once a day, but both have issues with them.

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So all has been good so far until this last month with this eBay sellers protection and payment management I been fighting with them for a month and a half now from a purchase that was made last year in November where the person had me send it unknowingly to a third-party shipping place and they shipped it overseas it wind up getting broken so they open the case item not as described I disputed the case with the evidence and won three month later The money was deducted out of my account because they opened a dispute through their payment institution I immediately called eBay I started the dispute it on the basis of the evidence I already gave them been going since April now that it?s past 30 days they are telling me there?s nothing they can do for me when I called him the very first day after I noticed the money taken out so much for sellers protection

Just got this email what a shame
IMG_1111.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So all has been good so far until this last month with this eBay sellers protection and payment management I been fighting with them for a month and a half now from a purchase that was made last year in November where the person had me send it unknowingly to a third-party shipping place and they shipped it overseas it wind up getting broken so they open the case item not as described I disputed the case with the evidence and won three month later The money was deducted out of my account because they opened a dispute through their payment institution I immediately called eBay I started the dispute it on the basis of the evidence I already gave them been going since April now that it?s past 30 days they are telling me there?s nothing they can do for me when I called him the very first day after I noticed the money taken out so much for sellers protection

Just got this email what a shame
View attachment 1929805

Wow, that's a load of bull. The last time I got that request the buyer wasn't even aware of it and they had been hacked. EBay needs to pay more attention to these things. I guess I need to start reading that summary more closely.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Bassmaster,
I have been able to give partial refunds.
Just go to orders, click the arrow next to the item you want to refund and select "Refund Buyers".
Then type in the amount you want to refund.

Your Bud Aurum

I did this today and it seemed to work very well. Thanks for the info

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I guess as part of all of these new systems, you no longer open a case for a NPB, you just cancel for nonpayment. So.....should I leave a feedback that says buyer didn't pay? I mean, I'm getting tired of responsibility being taken away in this world. :BangHead:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yep! When paid I could transfer funds instantly to my bank/credit union.... with PayPal. And I also use the money for shipping. Set my handling time for three days? :BangHead:

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
So, I guess as part of all of these new systems, you no longer open a case for a NPB, you just cancel for nonpayment. So.....should I leave a feedback that says buyer didn't pay? I mean, I'm getting tired of responsibility being taken away in this world. :BangHead:

I think it is best to set all fixed price listings to immediate payment. Then you don't have to worry about that. Auctions are a little different. But the good thing about auctions is I believe they changed it so after 4 days you can relist your item after non payment, no need to wait an additional 4 days for the buyer to respond. I have not had a non payment on an auction in a long time, so to the best of my knowledge that is how it works now. But the buyer will get a non payment ding, I don't believe you can leave them negative feedback, or any feedback for that matter.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is best to set all fixed price listings to immediate payment. Then you don't have to worry about that. Auctions are a little different. But the good thing about auctions is I believe they changed it so after 4 days you can relist your item after non payment, no need to wait an additional 4 days for the buyer to respond. I have not had a non payment on an auction in a long time, so to the best of my knowledge that is how it works now. But the buyer will get a non payment ding, I don't believe you can leave them negative feedback, or any feedback for that matter.

Yep, they blocked the feedback option now after you cancel for nonpayment

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just sold a fishing reel yesterday for $76.00 , they paid right away , I did not receive any money to paypal or my bank account . Is there a delay on it showing up ?

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I just sold a fishing reel yesterday for $76.00 , they paid right away , I did not receive any money to paypal or my bank account . Is there a delay on it showing up ?

Yep. It takes about 3 days before you get your money from eBay. Usually the 2nd day after payment, you will get an email stating ?EBay has sent your payout?. The payment hits my bank the day after that. EBay takes longer to process the funds than my bank. I sell less on eBay because of it. The psychology of ?waiting? for my payment makes me sell more things cheaper locally and sometimes faster, than waiting for a higher sellout and then waiting additionally for the funds.

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009

If you go to the payments tab in the seller hub you will see your financials. It should have available funds, on hold (for returns and beefs), and processing. You can set your payouts to daily or weekly. I choose weekly to keep a buffer. The problem being shipping costs for fedex and UPS are not taken out right away. Meaning I have been negative a few times because the shipping hits all at once. And or money gets held due to returns. But even after they send money to your bank it can take 1-3 days for the bank to process it and for it to show up in your account.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
If you go to the payments tab in the seller hub you will see your financials. It should have available funds, on hold (for returns and beefs), and processing. You can set your payouts to daily or weekly. I choose weekly to keep a buffer. The problem being shipping costs for fedex and UPS are not taken out right away. Meaning I have been negative a few times because the shipping hits all at once. And or money gets held due to returns. But even after they send money to your bank it can take 1-3 days for the bank to process it and for it to show up in your account.

I have my shipping set to come from ?Pending Payouts? so EBay gets it from the start.

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
I have my shipping set to come from ?Pending Payouts? so EBay gets it from the start.

Yes ebay takes it from there, but it might take a week before the shipping gets taken. For instance I paid $16 for shipping on June 23rd for an item with UPS, it only took it from my available funds an hour ago. Hence the sometimes negative available funds.

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty much selling not anymore on ebay !!!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have paypal set up as a backup payment method for fees, if you have a 0 balance in pending payouts it will pull it from paypal. Keep that in mind at the end of the year calculating tax stuff if you file, and also make sure you keep some money in paypal or the bank account it's linked to...

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I am also done with ebay. 2 weeks ago I sold my Nox with accessories and could for$800, 3 days ago I had another sale for $30 the payout for the not was $703, okay yesterday I got my payout for the $30 item $3.69. I got hold of a customer service rep, he said they took out shipping and tax fro the NOX. WTF. The buyer pays tax, and the buyer paid the shipping (well I paid the shipping and was supposed to be reimbursed)
I'm done with them and will be moving to Esay and of course craigslist

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I am also done with ebay. 2 weeks ago I sold my Nox with accessories and could for$800, 3 days ago I had another sale for $30 the payout for the not was $703, okay yesterday I got my payout for the $30 item $3.69. I got hold of a customer service rep, he said they took out shipping and tax fro the NOX. WTF. The buyer pays tax, and the buyer paid the shipping (well I paid the shipping and was supposed to be reimbursed)
I'm done with them and will be moving to Esay and of course craigslist

The weekly payouts work better for me but they're still really frustrating when you have a good chunk of money sent to your bank on Tuesday and then Wednesday you try to print a label and it says you don't have any funds. There needs to be an option to hold $500 or something in the eBay account at all times for labels etc. But I'm sure that would just cause more problems as well.

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weekly payouts work better for me but they're still really frustrating when you have a good chunk of money sent to your bank on Tuesday and then Wednesday you try to print a label and it says you don't have any funds. There needs to be an option to hold $500 or something in the eBay account at all times for labels etc. But I'm sure that would just cause more problems as well.

I still use Paypal to print my shipping. Just transfer money from your bank account into Paypal to cover your shipping.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions