Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm an Impatient Buyer.

Now USPS Either Ships the wrong direction then Turns around and Slowly Ships Back with the words it's "Moving within the system"
like they don't have the slightest opinion where it is and a week or so later, say it's out for delivery.

I would have had problems with you if you had been my customer. ;)

I shipped $165 worth of old silver coins priority mail from west coast to east coast by priority mail. It got to staten island in two days and sat there. It took a total of 15 days. (staten island was also the final destination)

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's obviously a seller that doesn't have a clue. They should have built the shipping into the item price and/or opted to not have the postage cost printed on the label. IMO it doesn't make any difference how the price is broken down. The buyer should be checking the total price to see if that number is reasonable.

I am sure that seller knows exactly what he is doing. Sell it cheap and make up for it in shipping. I am also sure many buyers do not look at shipping just the price. That is why the seller does this.

Yes, the buyer should be looking at the TOTAL price but do they? When I am in the market for something I click on the drop down button for
"Price + Shipping lowest first."

coin pirate

Feb 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What really Confuses me is Packages from China.

I've seen Items that cost $1.50 With Free Shipping.

and usps delivers it in the end

If the same Package was shipped from NY to PA The postage would be a couple Dollars.

They obviously are making money

The US has some kind of deal with Chine, no matter what it cost to move a package in Chine, when it arrives in the US we continue the move for no additional charge.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday on youtube I watched a documentary on the Royal Mail of England. If you think we have it bad here the USPS is great compared to England. It is a combination of unions, bad/lazy carriers, part time thief temp workers and management that doesn't care either.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The US has some kind of deal with Chine, no matter what it cost to move a package in Chine, when it arrives in the US we continue the move for no additional charge.

Also, the chinese government helps subsidize postage costs for sellers shipping to USA. That is one reason we can get things so cheap from china. Counterfeit, poorly quality and cheap shipping that is why when I look for an item I check the location box USA ONLY.

Even making sure I only buy from American companies I get invoices where the first thing I see is 珠海西通电子有限公司 I only got fooled one time last year. It shipped from an address in the L.A. area so you know a chinese company sent employees over here to open up a store here. I actually know the area the package shipped from, I used to live a few miles south. It is a town where the population is probably 90% chinese/korean. When I drive through there I feel like I am back in Hong Kong or san francisco china town.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
angry_greg_head_explode_big.gif
My BIGGEST complaint is when a seller charges you for "EXPEDITED SHIPPING" (and charges you for it) and then takes it to the post office 5 days later. Geeez that drives me crazy. When you complain to the seller - you get "this isn't my life" or crap like that. If you are going to charge for fast shipping and you have a magic day when you actually ship - NOTE IT ON YOUR LISTING! Dang - working myself up! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread