Interesting situation with an auction I won....

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bid and won an item on ebay a couple of days ago from a seller who only had 1 feedback. I know never to buy from people with low feedback but the item was cheap enough to where I was willing to try. Well fast forward to now there has been no contact from the seller even after I requested an update on shipping. Also, when I check paypal the payment hasn't even been accepted. Looking at his past listings I saw another item where someone had won but then a week later that same item was relisted.

What is going on here? Is it some sort of scam? Should I cancel the paypal payment already and report to ebay?

Sorry but I am new to ebay and haven't experienced this before so I am at a loss.

antmike915

Silver Member
Apr 20, 2020
SW Georgia
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think after a couple of days (maybe 7-9 days after auction end time), you can go to the ebay resolution link and file a claim that you haven't received the item. I'm not sure about the actual amount of days after auction end but it's worth checking out. Try to file a claim and they will let you know the time you can file if it's too early when you try.

louisianaman

Jan 4, 2012
New Orleans Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex Plus,Garrett At-Pro, Tesoro Vaquero and Bandido 2 Micromax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what happened. He didn't get enough money for the item and the next thing he will do is say the item was broken and he didn't realize it. He will then relist it to try to get more. Not a good way to do business

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Usually when I bought something from someone who was a no or low feedback I usually ask them for their phone number via email and explain that they have no or low feedback and I would like to talk about the item before committing myself or I email them and make contact prior to bidding/buying. I always got a response.

One time I had someone had a 0 feedback, the sellers brother was listing it as the seller had no computer and didn't even know how to use them so his brother listed the item and never used ebay, but it was a vintage guitar that I wanted. I made contact and the guy responded, we talked via email and phone and I bought the item.

My rule of thumb that I tell people about buying on ebay. Before you commit to send someone money via, paypal, money order, (which I used to use postal money orders for all my purchases, less way of having my bank account hacked), Communicate with the seller via email, phone calls, etc, get their address and confirm it before sending any money, (I did that when I was sending postal money orders), then I would make the purchase. Only one time I got scammed! Prior the seller communicated with me until I told him I sent the money orders, then he bailed, I sent him emails, phone calls, all he ignored until I told him I was personally coming to Florida and skin my money out of his hide, but my postal money orders were never cashed and 2 months later my envelope came back as unopened, marked returned to sender!

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or the seller waits long enough where its too late for you ta ask for a refund

Top Member Reactions