cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is not really a rant but another example of ebay stupidity.

I was fighting a posting just now and an ebay middle eastern help person helped me. He was not the problem bet even he did not know what to do and he kept trying till it posted.

This was my title: Seahorse Wall Hanging - Hand Painted - Real Driftwood from the Pacific Ocean

It would not list. I got an error message that seahorses are an endangered species and can not be sold.

So after different tries I did this: Seahorse Wall Hanging - Hand Painted on Driftwood from the Pacific Ocean

The idiot computer saw "seahorse" & "real" and kept blocking me.

I wasted 18 minutes in chat for a $17.50 sale.

Attachments

• DW-ART-B1.JPG
    DW-ART-B1.JPG
    974.4 KB · Views: 92

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
FB Marketplace also uses keywords to restrict posts. I can't make sense of it as others use the same words. But Seashells and Coral are restricted (for me). They point to the rule that animals or parts of animals are not allowed to be sold despite other listings for seashells being sold. So I have to title my posts as Coastal Decor to get by their filters, yet still show nothing but seashells in the photos.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FB Marketplace also uses keywords to restrict posts. I can't make sense of it as others use the same words. But Seashells and Coral are restricted (for me). They point to the rule that animals or parts of animals are not allowed to be sold despite other listings for seashells being sold. So I have to title my posts as Coastal Decor to get by their filters, yet still show nothing but seashells in the photos.

Have you tried using a fake word and then after Published edit the listing? All new posts probably go through one computer for word checking and then on to your FB page. Then does a different computer check every single existing listing all the time?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread