Opinions on this matter?

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently bought a lot of watches on ebay and the seller accepted my offer. However when I received that watches I wasn't exactly pleased with them and decided to return them. The seller had "returns accepted, buyer pays shipping." However when initiating the return and paying for the label the seller decided to berate me for doing so. Asking me "what don't I understand sold as is means and so on." The return was ultimately accepted and I am to send them back. According to the seller he's required by ebay to allow returns even though in the description he states "sold as is" and this means no returns? That doesn't sound right at all? Should I just not reply to him and get my money back and move on? Should I leave feedback? Any insight is appreciated.

tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
if the return was accepted, send it back today. Feedback is useless imhop. Did you use paypal?

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
As a seller I provide clear pictures, an accurate description of condition, & point out any flaws I see. It aggravates me no end when a buyer wants to return something sold as parts only or as is because the only acceptable reason for a return in those instances is if something is missing or the item was damaged during shipping. Having said that, if I was the seller I would have authorized the return & kept my opinions to myself.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would have to agree with TRD..I would have accepted the return,
and refunded the buyer, but only in the interest of customer service.

In general, selling/buying an item marked "As Is", means what you
see is what you get. Doesn't mean a return/refund is impossible, but
I'd say it's up to the seller to decide based on their own morality.

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another thing to consider is that the seller will likely put you on his blocked buyer/bidder list. If he puts more watches on that interest you, you're out of luck.

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I sold something As Is and was asked for a return, You would definitely go on my Block Bidder list.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recently bought a lot of watches on ebay and the seller accepted my offer. However when I received that watches I wasn't exactly pleased with them and decided to return them. The seller had "returns accepted, buyer pays shipping." However when initiating the return and paying for the label the seller decided to berate me for doing so. Asking me "what don't I understand sold as is means and so on." The return was ultimately accepted and I am to send them back. According to the seller he's required by ebay to allow returns even though in the description he states "sold as is" and this means no returns? That doesn't sound right at all? Should I just not reply to him and get my money back and move on? Should I leave feedback? Any insight is appreciated.

My "Opinion," you are an Ebay seller's nightmare. As a red star member, I have been forced to accept "buyer's remorse" returns, or items that were clearly used by the buyer and then returned. All "returners" are black listed and blocked. No exceptions. Black listed bidders lists are available to ebay sellers and I use them to block nightmares.:coffee2:

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd side with the seller here. It was a lot that was not only listed as is, but he also accepted a lower offer. I don't see what there is to be unhappy about, unless it was obviously misrepresented.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...According to the seller he's required by ebay to allow returns...
metal_detector.gif
I would INFORM the seller that by accepting the EBay terms for requiring returns - he can put whatever he wants in the description - he still has to accept returns. If he doesn't - all you have to do is contact EBay that he won't accept returns per his agreement with EBay. IF that isn't acceptable - he might have to find another venue for selling stuff. Yea, I know it really isn't fair to the seller BUT that is the agreement he was forced to make to sell on EBay.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
I would INFORM the seller that by accepting the EBay terms for requiring returns - he can put whatever he wants in the description - he still has to accept returns. If he doesn't - all you have to do is contact EBay that he won't accept returns per his agreement with EBay. IF that isn't acceptable - he might have to find another venue for selling stuff. Yea, I know it really isn't fair to the seller BUT that is the agreement he was forced to make to sell on EBay.

She said he agreed to the return. Take the win and move on, no need to try and aggravate the seller any further.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd side with the seller here. It was a lot that was not only listed as is, but he also accepted a lower offer. I don't see what there is to be unhappy about, unless it was obviously misrepresented.

Exactly. Unless it was obviously misrepresented, make your word/buy count. There are way too many people on eBay right now that are "changing their mind". I'm not saying that's what you did, but unless something is really screwed up, I don't mess with returns or anything. Whenever I buy something it's final. More people need to stick to their buys.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread