All Treasure Hunting

whistler84

Jun 9, 2015
BEAN FIELD ,IL
Detector(s) used
Whites MX-7 / Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a nightmare scenario between eBay and PayPal. I used to find it working well. I'm a small seller that got forced into this just last week. Now when a customer purchases an item. They want me to send that item while my payments is pending. Used to, I would take a portion of that payment through PayPal and print my shipping label......now I'm looking like the bad guy not feeling safe on my end shipping it out without a payment. I opened a venmo acct. Recently, and am going to attempt to leave the ebay platform all together. Can't come soon enough.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a nightmare scenario between eBay and PayPal. I used to find it working well. I'm a small seller that got forced into this just last week. Now when a customer purchases an item. They want me to send that item while my payments is pending. Used to, I would take a portion of that payment through PayPal and print my shipping label......now I'm looking like the bad guy not feeling safe on my end shipping it out without a payment. I opened a venmo acct. Recently, and am going to attempt to leave the ebay platform all together. Can't come soon enough.

It does get better from when you first start. If they'll do what they said and everything is right on that sales report I won't mind that part of it nearly as much. Now telling me what I can and can't list is another story....

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I'm officially in managed payments. Hoping it will work out but am not holding my breath. It looks like most of the reports can be downloaded to a spreadsheet of some kind. Unfortunately I don't know how to use a spreadsheet & am not interested in learning. Maybe the monthly sales report will be helpful. Chaps my ass that they want to change things. It's obvious to me that management wants to recoup the profits they lost when they sold PayPal.....which was something I immediately pointed out as being a stupid business move.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm officially in managed payments. Hoping it will work out but am not holding my breath. It looks like most of the reports can be downloaded to a spreadsheet of some kind. Unfortunately I don't know how to use a spreadsheet & am not interested in learning. Maybe the monthly sales report will be helpful. Chaps my ass that they want to change things. It's obvious to me that management wants to recoup the profits they lost when they sold PayPal.....which was something I immediately pointed out as being a stupid business move.

Yeah, that's exactly it. I calculated January profits yesterday using those reports/spreadsheets. I had everything all good and correct, then I reopened the spreadsheet to get the total and it was screwed up somehow. I really don't calculating profits that way was any easier because the spreadsheet didn't have anything in any order that I could see. It needs to be in order of date or something.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread