Managed Payments and Taxes - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Managed Payments and Taxes

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2014
    1000 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by trdhrdr007 View Post
    Exactly. I just bought the wife a new truck & would like to sell her old one on eBay after I haul a couple things I'd rather not move in a brand new truck bed. Haven't finalized the switch to managed payments yet but suspect I will be before I get that done.
    Oh yeah it's a real pain

us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030 AT Pro
    7808 times
    Its not so bad and it is slightly cheaper than using Pay[pal. I have been on MP for about four months. They make daily deposits to my bank account. At the end of the year they give you a 1099 form showing how much dollars you sold. But you only get the 1099 if you sold more than 200 items or exceeded (don't quote me 20K or so)I do that on eBay in a month so I am now claiming eBay on my taxes. But I think if anyone is near that threshold they could open another account with the wife or SO with a different bank account and skate over the 1099. Just another thing to love about good ol Fleabay
    Anything That Comes Out of The Dirt Is Awesome!

Best find 1941 Patek Philippe 2 register flat pusher Chronograph Bought 1,000 Sold 62,000 !!
    First Year 911 Porsche Purchased 36K SOLD 140K!!! Whoo Hoo

us
    Feb 2014
    1000 times
    Quote Originally Posted by trdking View Post
    Its not so bad and it is slightly cheaper than using Pay[pal. I have been on MP for about four months. They make daily deposits to my bank account. At the end of the year they give you a 1099 form showing how much dollars you sold. But you only get the 1099 if you sold more than 200 items or exceeded (don't quote me 20K or so)I do that on eBay in a month so I am now claiming eBay on my taxes. But I think if anyone is near that threshold they could open another account with the wife or SO with a different bank account and skate over the 1099. Just another thing to love about good ol Fleabay
    See I'm hoping I get the 1099 because that will make things a lot easier. I should. Half the year for me was PayPal though. Is there any way to see your total PayPal fees for a year? I've got all of the transactions downloaded, but I don't see an easy way to show all of the fees you paid to PayPal or totals on payments since it automatically subtracts the PayPal fees when a transaction comes in.

us
    Dec 2006
    Very Northern Left Coast
    XLT & Bigfoot
    2147 times
    Every sale I have ebay and etsy I print out all the paperwork. "you made sale, "you got paid" & "you bought label for $" and then I stick a label I make on top and keep track of every cost.

Item Cost:
    Ebay Fee:
    Ship Fee:
    Paypal Fee:
    USPS Cost:
    CA Tax: (on this I just cross out if taxes were pulled)
    TOTAL:
    Profit:
    Loss:

Then I fill in every applicable line.
    At end of year I record each line in a spreadsheet and total.
    It tell me everything I need to know.
    I also download paypal yearly info and compare.
    When I did yard sales I was dollardan. No yard sales where I am now.

us
    Feb 2014
    1000 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberdan View Post
    Every sale I have ebay and etsy I print out all the paperwork. "you made sale, "you got paid" & "you bought label for $" and then I stick a label I make on top and keep track of every cost.

Item Cost:
    Ebay Fee:
    Ship Fee:
    Paypal Fee:
    USPS Cost:
    CA Tax: (on this I just cross out if taxes were pulled)
    TOTAL:
    Profit:
    Loss:

Then I fill in every applicable line.
    At end of year I record each line in a spreadsheet and total.
    It tell me everything I need to know.
    I also download paypal yearly info and compare.
    That's basically what I do. I'm trying to find a way to do it quicker, but haven't yet. It also gets tough on big lots that have 200-300 items in them that aren't all listed at the same time.

us
    Feb 2014
    1000 times
    Be sure and check out the new monthly sales reports on managed payments. It looks like it will make calculating profits a lot easier if it's accurate and everything is how it looks with it. I've got to check it out, but it looks promising surprisingly.

us
    Relic Recoverist

Jun 2015
    BEAN FIELD ,IL
    Whites MX-7 / Nokta Simplex+
    278 times
    It's a nightmare scenario between eBay and PayPal. I used to find it working well. I'm a small seller that got forced into this just last week. Now when a customer purchases an item. They want me to send that item while my payments is pending. Used to, I would take a portion of that payment through PayPal and print my shipping label......now I'm looking like the bad guy not feeling safe on my end shipping it out without a payment. I opened a venmo acct. Recently, and am going to attempt to leave the ebay platform all together. Can't come soon enough.

us
    Feb 2014
    1000 times
    Quote Originally Posted by whistler84 View Post
    It's a nightmare scenario between eBay and PayPal. I used to find it working well. I'm a small seller that got forced into this just last week. Now when a customer purchases an item. They want me to send that item while my payments is pending. Used to, I would take a portion of that payment through PayPal and print my shipping label......now I'm looking like the bad guy not feeling safe on my end shipping it out without a payment. I opened a venmo acct. Recently, and am going to attempt to leave the ebay platform all together. Can't come soon enough.
    It does get better from when you first start. If they'll do what they said and everything is right on that sales report I won't mind that part of it nearly as much. Now telling me what I can and can't list is another story....

us
    Nov 2009
    1309 times
    I'm officially in managed payments. Hoping it will work out but am not holding my breath. It looks like most of the reports can be downloaded to a spreadsheet of some kind. Unfortunately I don't know how to use a spreadsheet & am not interested in learning. Maybe the monthly sales report will be helpful. Chaps my ass that they want to change things. It's obvious to me that management wants to recoup the profits they lost when they sold PayPal.....which was something I immediately pointed out as being a stupid business move.

us
    Feb 2014
    1000 times
    Quote Originally Posted by trdhrdr007 View Post
    I'm officially in managed payments. Hoping it will work out but am not holding my breath. It looks like most of the reports can be downloaded to a spreadsheet of some kind. Unfortunately I don't know how to use a spreadsheet & am not interested in learning. Maybe the monthly sales report will be helpful. Chaps my ass that they want to change things. It's obvious to me that management wants to recoup the profits they lost when they sold PayPal.....which was something I immediately pointed out as being a stupid business move.
    Yeah, that's exactly it. I calculated January profits yesterday using those reports/spreadsheets. I had everything all good and correct, then I reopened the spreadsheet to get the total and it was screwed up somehow. I really don't calculating profits that way was any easier because the spreadsheet didn't have anything in any order that I could see. It needs to be in order of date or something.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links