Descriptions

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay guys, I have had an absurd amount of buyers asking questions that are very clearly stated in the descriptions, and even more mad about/wanting returns for things clearly shown in the description. Anyone else? What's the deal? Was there some update or something that doesn't show the description on all listings or something? This is one of the most frustrating things in a while. I mean I spend the time to type it up, I've even started accenting important stuff in all caps and it doesn't seem to be helping. Any ideas or thoughts? :BangHead:

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems that a large number of Ebay buyers only look at the pictures and not the description before buying. Ebay is also enabling scammers by siding with them even when there is obvious evidence they are lying about a return.

Indigo Knight

Aug 10, 2017
Southern New England, USA
Primary Interest:
Other
It's been like this for a few years now. eBay often hides the full description and many buyers don't click the "see full description" button.

To deal with this, always have important information in the title and the condition description. These consistently show up at the top of the page where buyers are most likely to notice them.

It's not just eBay, but every online selling platform. Since the invention of the smartphone, the reading comprehension of the average buyer has steadily declined.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread