Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Correct. And just expect to pay more. And remember 9 states this year have reduced the amount you can sell drastically before you get a 1099-K and next year ALL the states will have the limit reduced to $600. Bye-bye Ebay for me!

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright, here we go again. It's been a while since I've used it, but literally all the buyer has to do is check that box, and then I send it to the US hub and the rest is taken care of as far as I'm concerned right? No customs or extra junk for me to do?

Correct and no extra charge to you, they pay the postage, customs etc.

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
Just to let you know I check if a seller uses 'Global Shipping'. If they do I find another seller, the costs for shipping are extortionate and just go into the coffers of Ebay.

A lot of Ebay sellers are unaware just how much is added on and why buyers are put off.

And example is a cloth patch I wanted for $15. The Global Shipping was $29 for something the seller could have put in an envelope and sent via registered mail. That's just one example.

It turns out slower anyway than other cheaper services to use (eg EMS, First Class Mail etc that has similar tracking).

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to let you know I check if a seller uses 'Global Shipping'. If they do I find another seller, the costs for shipping are extortionate and just go into the coffers of Ebay.

A lot of Ebay sellers are unaware just how much is added on and why buyers are put off.

And example is a cloth patch I wanted for $15. The Global Shipping was $29 for something the seller could have put in an envelope and sent via registered mail. That's just one example.

It turns out slower anyway than other cheaper services to use (eg EMS, First Class Mail etc that has similar tracking).

Yeah, I thought I remembered that aspect of it as well. The buyer said that they have used it several times and are good with it, so who knows. I still am not a fan of shipping most things internationally. Too much liability and hassle really.

Indigo Knight

Aug 10, 2017
Southern New England, USA
Primary Interest:
Other

Yes, the GSP is a mixed blessing for sellers. It offers superior protection for US sellers but you will get far fewer international sales because it's far slower and eBay overcharges buyers for customs and taxes. I've always shipped my international orders directly (50 countries and counting) with minimal issue. If you go my route I just suggest blocking problematic countries such as Italy, Argentina and Brazil or using private couriers only for those countries

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, the GSP is a mixed blessing for sellers. It offers superior protection for US sellers but you will get far fewer international sales because it's far slower and eBay overcharges buyers for customs and taxes. I've always shipped my international orders directly (50 countries and counting) with minimal issue. If you go my route I just suggest blocking problematic countries such as Italy, Argentina and Brazil or using private couriers only for those countries

Yeah, I used to ship international some, but lately I've stopped unless people ask specifically and are serious. Too much of a hassle and risk shipping the type of things I ship normally.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread