Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have always had a list of prohibited items, and if they spy one, they remove it. Now beginning January 1, if you sell anything or group of things over $600 regardless of its cost to you, a 1099-K will be generated to the IRS so you can be taxed on it. I have stopped using Ebay for almost everything now. I occasionally buy something, but not much.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I think it's the opposite and it's to keep anyone from dong anything they want that is against the rules. Ebay is awesome. What a great shopping site. I've bought all kinds of things on Ebay from a toothbrush to a motor vehicle. They're great!

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't sell anything on Ebay they are against the seller but hey they are all about the buyer.. Buy everything there and get a refund on it too boot. Keep the merchandise and get a refund....Hell to the yeah.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had to return a lot of trash and fake stuff from ebay over the last year.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Don't sell anything on Ebay they are against the seller but hey they are all about the buyer.. Buy everything there and get a refund on it too boot. Keep the merchandise and get a refund....Hell to the yeah.

A charter member suggesting fraud. Whoops.

If we're bashing online shopping sites, lets talk Amazon! Talk about sucking. I have never failed to find a better deal than what is available on Amazon.

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have been selling on eBay since 1998 and have over 13K positive feedbacks....the cost of selling there has gone way up over the years, and they have become quite controlling and prohibit offline sales...we still sell quite a bit on the site but it is no longer the useful tool that it used to be. It is still much better than selling on Amazon - their fees are sky high. But, we have our own website and do fine there as well.

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once any business grows to this size it’s destined for corruption and greed. Just like our government, they only know how to demand more and to break the backs of the good horse. They never cut back like we would be forced to be. Simply put the screws to everyone they can and line their pockets until the train crashes. That’s corporate economics 101.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Buy my Vitamins,shaving supplies, etc, all things i feel I would either forget to buy or
have a hard time locating in stores at a compatible price.

an example would be my vitamins. calcium tablets sell locally in bottles of 100,
I can buy a bottle of 1000 and at 2 a day not have to worry for well over a year.

i did get ripped on a pair of pants advertised as lee jeans.
when they came they were thin stain resistant Flat Front old man pants , not jean material. rather then complain about a $10.00 purchase
I took them down stairs and wrote free on the package m they were gone within minutes :tongue3:

I may be an old man, but I don't need to remind myself :coffee2:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread