72.4 KB · Views: 1,410
  • gold 1 (Small) (Medium).JPG
    gold 1 (Small) (Medium).JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 1,819

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
Neat stuff. The frog is Veraguas/Diquis culture, the main site is just outside the canal zone and was a favorite for weekend digs by Americans stationed down there.

The bell is probably a trade item from Colombia. It is significantly older than the frog, but with the way pieces like that hung around they could have been buried together.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are very cool. I have seen a few of the items that came from that area when they were digging the canal and have some effigy pottery from there. Here are some beads a friend has. I forget if he said they were Columbian or not? Somewhere south of the border. Gold is good. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 100_1418.JPG
    100_1418.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 1,091
OP
OP
MObushwhacker

MObushwhacker

Feb 20, 2010
Scott County Missouri
Detector(s) used
White DFX
:hello2:
After the information received by members viewing the gold items I’ve got to post pictures of the remaining Panama items in my collection. Any information on these items will be greatly appreciated. For the first time since I acquired the collection I have spoken with other collectors that know something about these artifacts. To help in identified I will sent additional pictures if requested Thanks a million.

Two ceremonial vessels (rattlers when shaken)
Eight painted and unpainted vessels
Two vessel of unknown use
One clay rattler
One clay whistle

A turquoise, jade and red coral harness (I believed this to be the harness of a feather headgear as it was known that he had several of them in his collection)

Attachments

• MVC-012F (Medium).JPG
    MVC-012F (Medium).JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 989
  • MVC-007F (Medium).JPG
    MVC-007F (Medium).JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 1,003
  • MVC-006F (Medium).JPG
    MVC-006F (Medium).JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 1,002
  • MVC-006F (Medium).JPG
    MVC-006F (Medium).JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 972
  • MVC-007F (Medium).JPG
    MVC-007F (Medium).JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 961
  • MVC-012F (Medium).JPG
    MVC-012F (Medium).JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 961
  • P1010004 (Medium).JPG
    P1010004 (Medium).JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 940
  • P1010003 (Medium).JPG
    P1010003 (Medium).JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 942
  • 1 (Medium).JPG
    1 (Medium).JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 952
  • P1010002 (Medium).JPG
    P1010002 (Medium).JPG
    60 KB · Views: 952
  • P1010005 (Medium).JPG
    P1010005 (Medium).JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 943
  • P1010006 (Medium).JPG
    P1010006 (Medium).JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 921
  • P1010007 (Medium).JPG
    P1010007 (Medium).JPG
    45 KB · Views: 936
  • P1010008 (Medium).JPG
    P1010008 (Medium).JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 940

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bump
Very cool. In the 6th picture the fertility bowl with the split dolphin legs does it have clay rattles in the legs?
There is one gentleman on here name Joushaream that is very knowledgable with your types of artifacts.
Hopefully he will see this and chime in. You have some very fine items. All from around the canal dig?
TnMtns

OP
OP
MObushwhacker

MObushwhacker

Feb 20, 2010
Scott County Missouri
Detector(s) used
White DFX
TnMountains said:
bump
Very cool. In the 6th picture the fertility bowl with the split dolphin legs does it have clay rattles in the legs?
There is one gentleman on here name Joushaream that is very knowledgable with your types of artifacts.
Hopefully he will see this and chime in. You have some very fine items. All from around the canal dig?
TnMtns
Yes, the bowl has three legs that are holler and have small clay balls as rattlers Thanks for the information.

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Here's some S. American gold from the NMAI museum in D.C. That whole second ring is mostly gold frogs.

Attachments

• tmpphpWPdJKL.jpg
    tmpphpWPdJKL.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 1,311
OP
OP
MObushwhacker

MObushwhacker

Feb 20, 2010
Scott County Missouri
Detector(s) used
White DFX
ldmorrill said:
TnMountains said:
bump
TnMtns
Yes, the bowl has three legs that are holler and have small clay balls as rattlers Thanks for the information.

:hello2:BUMP To hopeffuly get more information on what I have here :hello2:

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi MObushwacker!
you have a very good collection of pre-Columbian art . :thumbsup:
Sorry I can not help in this art from Panama, because they are not my specialty but I assure you that the first jewel of Gold is a nose ring, these jewels were placed in the nose of the most important people.
Anyway you made a great fabor for showing their place of meeting in T.net because I have a huge collection of Pre-Columbian art, which may be interested to know.
cultures: Valdivia, Chorrera, Baia, Tolita / Tumaco etc ,so many of the items collected by me.
I am European but I travel regularly to South America.
Greetings!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish this thread could stay in Indian artifacts where it would get more exposure and identifications. They were from the Americas and considered Indian :icon_scratch:
Love seeing the South American artifacts. I think the USA was influenced in many of it's cultures from trade with S.America.
Thanks guys for sharing.
HH
TnMtns

Jackrabbit1

Apr 21, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rings from the Veracruz?

1-DSC_0522.JPG Very Cool - I was wondering if anyone had a thought about these rings. They were found together many years ago in Honduras during construction and have been with the family for a very long time. They do not know what they are but look Veracruz to me given the little research I have done.

bulletprobe

Jun 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
where in panama did you find the artifact and where in panama is the site located my friend

bulletprobe

Jun 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi mobushwhacker those picture you got there ,those pottery picture are the real thing and you got it in panama ,well you stabled upon a artifacts that belong to a certain king of the mayan named king mua this was told to me by my grand farther said by his oracle dwarf that i well read upon a and see a picture of pottery in a treasure website name treasure.net in the internet in the future in the topic of antique relics

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions