cobrasvo90

Feb 2, 2006
Rio Grande Valley (Pharr), TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Garrett pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this old wrist watch in my fathers collection of coins and stuff! Its an old looking watch. The front has no markings on it whatsoever. The back cover says "Bulova 4384777 14K GOLD FILLED". Has anyone seen a similar watch? I would like to know how old it is and maybe what it could be worth. Watch is wind-up and still works great!! Ive been looking online but i have had no luck in finding a similar watch. Any help would be great :help: :dontknow:

cobrasvo90

Attachments

• watch 3.jpg
    watch 3.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 436
  • watch 2.jpg
    watch 2.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 442
  • watch 1.jpg
    watch 1.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 430

crankyolman22

Nov 20, 2008
Des Moines, Wa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, pro pointer, F-point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigger pix would help. It certainly could be an early Bulova. According to my watch book they were manufacturing watches by the millions by 1934 so if the number is the serial number that should put it somewhere pre WWII. They started making electronic watches in 1960 I'm not sure exactly when or even if they stopped making conventional winding watches but my guess is yours would date to pre 1960 at least. I cant really tell much from the pix and my knowledge is pretty limited but if I could see it clearly I would be happy to try to look it up.

OP
OP
cobrasvo90

cobrasvo90

Feb 2, 2006
Rio Grande Valley (Pharr), TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Garrett pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for the pix. I took them with my phone and it does not have a zom option. Any websites u could recommend?

crankyolman22

Nov 20, 2008
Des Moines, Wa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, pro pointer, F-point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best recommendation is to go to a Barnes and Noble or Borders, find a copy of the "complete price guide to watches" by Cooksey Shugart, Tom Engle & Richard Gilbert. Its about 6" by 9" and about as thick as the Los Angeles phone book and located in the reference section. You can usually just use the guide right in the store and they usually have nice chairs to sit in while you do it too ;D I used to use this method a lot when I sold antiques and was dealing with something I didn't often deal with. It saved me the expense of buying yet another reference book. More and more I find the internet less than helpful but that's why people come here, Isn't it? Of course like most reference books, a new edition of the watch book comes out every year but for the most part the only thing that changes is the values so if you stumble across an old one the info is still good and once you figure out what you have the value is usually pretty easy to determine. Hope this helps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions