• PICT1954 (edit).JPG
    PICT1954 (edit).JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 399

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
LOL I have that one bought it new as a kid and have managed to keep most of them over the years, I literally have trunks full of them all in the special bags, but over the years I have learned due to popularity some are worth more than others. Batman, Superman, all the primary super hero's are your best bet but for a real opinion go find and hit up a comic book store (AKA Graphic Novel) n they can usually tell you a lot.... Old does not mean valuable, heck I buy hand fulls of pristine comics with great story lines for 30 cents ea in the boxes under the main shelf.... no don't keep them but look them over and send them to solders in Iraq n such, n most in those boxes are in the 10 + year old class....

RISINGPHX1

Jan 26, 2011
HI I was new to this site and ran across your book, I have about 5,000 in my collection this one is in about VG 5 to 7 FN fine condition based on the limited viewing i can see... the grading guide below is from overstreet guide 2007 value ranges from $209 to $ 327 now that's if its been professionally graded and is in sealed display, since its not you might expect to get 20% to 40% of that.. if you listed it on ebay depending on demand and collectible so between 20 to 40 dollars the market is VERY soft right now so you would be lucky to get 10 -20 hope that helps !!

STEVE THE BAGBOY
WWW.STORES.EBAY.COM/ITS-IN-THE-BAGBOY

Fine /Very Fine FN/ VF 7.0-8.0, An exceptional copy with outstanding eye appeal. Cover is relatively flat and clean with sharp, bright colors. Slight surface wear beginning to show,some stress creases at corners and staples are still clean. The spine is still flat and tight. Cover corners can be slightly rounded some call it blunting . A small corner crease is acceptable if its less than 1 inch . Pages can range from yellow to light tan
Very good/Fine VF/ FN 5.0-7.0, An excellent, above average copy that shows moderate wear. Book is still relatively flat and clean with no major creasing, tears, color fading or other serious defects. Overall eye appeal is still quite good, there may several smaller defects, especially at spine and edges of cover. Cover can be loose but not detached. This comic appears to have been read many times and to have been handled with moderate care. Interior paper can range from white to light tan but must still be supple. This grade comic in this the most highly collectible.

Good /Very Good, G/VG+3.5-5.0 Most used comic books. These show general wear such as a reading crease, rolled spine and color fading, but it does has not enough defects to reduce appeal to the point where it is no longer desirable. Creases, spine splits, light soiling, moisture stains and tears are all acceptable. Small pieces may be missing at corners or edges. There may be writting on the cover, a store stamp, or initialing . Cover and interior pages can have minor tears and folds and center-fold may be detached. minor repairs may be present and but must be noted. Interior pages may range from white to tan, but not brittle.

Poor/ Good 1.0-3.0 GD, Very well used copy with substantial wear but is still complete,cover may have little to no reflectivity.Corners will be rounded, staples may have discoloration or rust, pages are tan or brown but not brittle, cover or center may be loose or detached
I used the CGC Certification and Overstreet grading charts to compile this summary, I am not a professional grader. This is not meant to be definitive, But it will allow you to roughly estimate the condition of my comics. I have collected for 20+ years and I generally collect very good/ fine + or better comics,everyone grades a bit differently you must be the final judge. I am happy to send you more scans if needed.

vickilynn

May 19, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites prizm 950 V
RISINGPHX1 said:
HI I was new to this site and ran across your book, I have about 5,000 in my collection this one is in about VG 5 to 7 FN fine condition based on the limited viewing i can see... the grading guide below is from overstreet guide 2007 value ranges from $209 to $ 327 now that's if its been professionally graded and is in sealed display, since its not you might expect to get 20% to 40% of that.. if you listed it on ebay depending on demand and collectible so between 20 to 40 dollars the market is VERY soft right now so you would be lucky to get 10 -20 hope that helps !!
I agree , also I noticed that 10years later ....for that comic the sold prices were extremely high.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread