Gold watch in corn field!

DiggerDave in Pa.

Jan 12, 2011
Huntingdon County Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
I found this watch about 15 years ago. I was going to my favorite field to hunt for some indian relics and to do some metal detecting. I found this watch on the surface of the ground and my detector was on my shoulder. It looked like a snuff can lid when I first saw it. I'm glad I checked it out a little closer. I found the back and broken sides about 10 inches below the surface. I'm sure someone was bummed out when they lost this. It has some nice looking engraving on the face. It has an eagle hallmark and N.Y. stamped inside. I couldn't find any marks on the works. Does anybody have an idea who made this and when? Any input would be appreciated.

Attachments

• front.JPG
    front.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 465
  • inside.JPG
    inside.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 478
  • all.JPG
    all.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 469

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Need to show the inside of the covers, too. Maker's name should be stamped somewhere there. Looks like a Waltham, but I'm far from an expert in these.

OP
OP
DiggerDave in Pa.

DiggerDave in Pa.

Jan 12, 2011
Huntingdon County Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Tuberale said:
Need to show the inside of the covers, too. Maker's name should be stamped somewhere there. Looks like a Waltham, but I'm far from an expert in these.
The inside of the lid is marked with the eagle N.Y. and the number. The part that holds the works just has the number. There are no other marks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions