Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hi Treasure net folks :hello:

Found this bottle with my detector due to the screw-cap being detected. Was really surprised at finding the bottle intact with whiskey inside. This was found in a field. My question is, lately I have noticed since looking at pictures that the amount of whiskey inside has diminished over the last couple years, there is a small damaged area on the top of the cap, what would be a way to make this seal up some without affecting the bottles value. Someone has recommended using candle wax. Any thoughts on this ?

Also can anyone estimate the age or time period of this bottle?

Attachments

• hoochbottle.jpg
    hoochbottle.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 227

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
CoinandRelicMan said:
hi Treasure net folks :hello:

Found this bottle with my detector due to the screw-cap being detected. Was really surprised at finding the bottle intact with whiskey inside. This was found in a field. My question is, lately I have noticed since looking at pictures that the amount of whiskey inside has diminished over the last couple years, there is a small damaged area on the top of the cap, what would be a way to make this seal up some without affecting the bottles value. Someone has recommended using candle wax. Any thoughts on this ?

Check for a seam on the bottle from casting. The absence of one tells you a lot and then the type of seam tells you a lot. I will say this much, since it is a screw top it has to be after the 1880's, but as to approximately what year look for the seam type. A little JB weld might do the trick on the cap. Good Luck.

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
what would be a way to make this seal up some without affecting the bottles value. Someone has recommended using candle wax. Any thoughts on this ?

Hello CoinandRelicMan,

Sorry to be so late in responding, but I just got here.

The "Federal Law Forbids..." language dates it from 1934-1964. There may be maker & date codes embossed on the base.

I wouldn't be too concerned with affecting the value. It does not have much, as of yet. :happysmiley:

none-genuine-without-our-three-faces-harry-jr-harry-e-wilken-sr-william-71415751.jpg
From.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread