I am so here and raring to go!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Mark Burnett Productions and AOL have signed a major production deal to develop a real-life reality treasure hunt airing exclusively on the AOL.com website. Called "Gold Rush!", the show will track real-life challengers searching for hidden treasure across the United States.
Gold Rush! will begin with 13 trucks containing solid gold, burying 13 caches of lucre around the United States, according to Mr. Burnett in an interview Tuesday. Clues regarding the whereabouts of those caches will be embedded online through the AOL web sites and other media.

The clues, expected to be extremely challenging, will be placed throughout the AOL network, including websites such as AOL.com, AIM.com Moviefone.com and MapQuest.com. The clues and the show will also be promoted on other media, including television, print and wireless.
"This is a totally original concept that comes to us from the guy who created reality television," said Jon Miller, Chairman and CEO of America Online. "It defines engagement; it's disruptive by nature and it will certainly be habit forming - all the best of the Internet in one fell swoop."

http://www.redherring.com/Article.a...or=Industries&subsector=EntertainmentAndMedia

http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/news/recent_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001920604

http://google.blognewschannel.com/i...combines-with-survivor-creator-for-gold-rush/

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You go, Gypsygirl. When you win....don't forget your bestest Tnet buddy! Uhhhh....that's me, by the way! ;)

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Mona Lisa said:
You go, Gypsygirl. When you win....don't forget your bestest Tnet buddy! Uhhhh....that's me, by the way! ;)

Hmmmm....I figured you were going to work on this with me...then we would split the cash and take a trip to the islands!!! 8)

Subgenius5150

Aug 3, 2006
Albuquerque New Mexico
yup just two more days till the next challenge... i think that on the textin during the show that my showtime is delayed an hour later... so i miss out on the live chance ... hopefully monday will be another tuff one

hookedonhunts

Apr 5, 2006
Illinois
Hello everyone!
Just started today, and wasnt that hard on the first six. I missed a couple of questions and it let me retry till I got it right. Anyone want to buddy up?
LeAnn

Arakronn

Oct 13, 2005
De Pere/Green Bay Wisconsin
I'm in as well. Got the first six (pretty easy since they give you re-do's on mistakes). The "trophies" are going to make this interesting. I'm guessing they're clues as to the wereabouts of the gold? I tried reading all the blurbs on this, but most of them seem to be a lot of double-speak. Lots of words that don't say much.
Unfortunately, I haven't surfed aol in years and my computer at work won't let me play on aol (damn admin. rights). I can really only do this at home. But, with colder weather on the way, I'll have more free time for that.
With my luck, none of the gold will be near Wisconsin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread