My New Apex

rayoh

Jan 13, 2017
northeast Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac-Notka Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently got an Apex with the wireless headphones. I was interested in this detector because of the Multi-frequency function of this low to mid priced detector. I had no real information on how this detector would work in the mineralized ground that I coin hunt in. The first couple of hours made me think I had made a mistake in buying it. After digging a handful of modern trash, I finally figured out what the detector was telling me. I started concentrating on tight, repeatable signals and I was getting rewarded with some coins.

I have found six wheat pennies and a total of 58 coins in the three hunts with the Apex. The wheats were found in places where wheats are getting hard to come by. A couple of these wheats were in the 7 inch deep range and hit hard and clear both with the numbers and tones. I am starting to get impressed by the Apex.

The build quality is second to none. It is sturdy and shows absolutely no flex or wobble. It looks nice and is extremely easy to adjust. It is not going to blow anyone away with extreme depth, but it does have the power to get to the older coins with some degree of accuracy. I usually dig loads of rusty iron with most of my detectors, but the Apex is one of the better detectors I have used in eliminating rusty iron.

It was not made to "butt heads" with the Equinox or Notkas, but will more than hold it's own with the Simplex's, Vanquish's, and Omega's. So far, I am really liking this US made detector. Garrett has stepped up with the Apex and I am thinking that they will make some higher end detectors from this platform.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I recently got an Apex with the wireless headphones. I was interested in this detector because of the Multi-frequency function of this low to mid priced detector. I had no real information on how this detector would work in the mineralized ground that I coin hunt in. The first couple of hours made me think I had made a mistake in buying it. After digging a handful of modern trash, I finally figured out what the detector was telling me. I started concentrating on tight, repeatable signals and I was getting rewarded with some coins.

I have found six wheat pennies and a total of 58 coins in the three hunts with the Apex. The wheats were found in places where wheats are getting hard to come by. A couple of these wheats were in the 7 inch deep range and hit hard and clear both with the numbers and tones. I am starting to get impressed by the Apex.

The build quality is second to none. It is sturdy and shows absolutely no flex or wobble. It looks nice and is extremely easy to adjust. It is not going to blow anyone away with extreme depth, but it does have the power to get to the older coins with some degree of accuracy. I usually dig loads of rusty iron with most of my detectors, but the Apex is one of the better detectors I have used in eliminating rusty iron.

It was not made to "butt heads" with the Equinox or Notkas, but will more than hold it's own with the Simplex's, Vanquish's, and Omega's. So far, I am really liking this US made detector. Garrett has stepped up with the Apex and I am thinking that they will make some higher end detectors from this platform.

Thanks for posting your experience. I too had to put in some time to get familiar with the APEX. But, then is got easier and easier. I have now found silver coins, several rings, relics and a load of cash. Good job Garrett.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread