Anyone located in the Hayden/Winkelman/Kearny/Dudleyville area want to hunt?

Eppa

Dec 22, 2008
Dudleyville, AZ
Detector(s) used
Famous Trails (I Think)
I live in this area and was wondering if anyone wanted to join me someday for a hunt. In the Dudleyville area quite a few years ago a cave of military rifles was found. There are many old mining areas that might be good to look-up as well. I also have a 1963 map of Arizona called "Arizona's Lost Mines and Ghost Towns".
map111.jpg
from http://www.sharlot.org/archives/maps/map111.html

seana9

Aug 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I frequent that area quite often. I spend a lot of time on a family ranch in Kearny. Rafter 6. there are several mines on the ranch. Reach out and I would be happy to go out and check out some new areas.

Skywola

Jul 5, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
I often find posts regarding finding things in caves, and google it to see if there happens to be any info out there on the web about it. In the case of Dudlyville, I found nothing, but I did find this article . . . In the Desert, Lost Winchester Rifles, Tinajas Altas Mountains, Arizona, A Marine's Story.

My bet is that if these rifles in this article actually existed, they have already been found, given the amount of illegals traveling through the area, either that, or the cave that they put them in was concealed so it was no longer recognizable as a cave entrance . . . . . I would not think that they would just leave the cave looking like some of the ones in these photos. That said, it would be an awesome thing if someone found them!

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an amazing area. Of all of the places in Arizona, you will find stuff there. Believe me. You gotta get way back up in them hills.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread