Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Eppa
  • 1 Post By Skywola

Thread: Anyone located in the Hayden/Winkelman/Kearny/Dudleyville area want to hunt?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Marti

Dec 2008
    Dudleyville, AZ
    Famous Trails (I Think)
    1 times

Anyone located in the Hayden/Winkelman/Kearny/Dudleyville area want to hunt?

I live in this area and was wondering if anyone wanted to join me someday for a hunt. In the Dudleyville area quite a few years ago a cave of military rifles was found. There are many old mining areas that might be good to look-up as well. I also have a 1963 map of Arizona called "Arizona's Lost Mines and Ghost Towns". from http://www.sharlot.org/archives/maps/map111.html
    davin likes this.
    Energy and persistence conquer all things.
    Benjamin Franklin
    http://www.marcellosendos.ch/comics/ch/1995/06/19950603.gif

Aug 2015
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I frequent that area quite often. I spend a lot of time on a family ranch in Kearny. Rafter 6. there are several mines on the ranch. Reach out and I would be happy to go out and check out some new areas.

us
    Jul 2009
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Whites TDI
    20 times
    I often find posts regarding finding things in caves, and google it to see if there happens to be any info out there on the web about it. In the case of Dudlyville, I found nothing, but I did find this article . . . In the Desert, Lost Winchester Rifles, Tinajas Altas Mountains, Arizona, A Marine's Story.

My bet is that if these rifles in this article actually existed, they have already been found, given the amount of illegals traveling through the area, either that, or the cave that they put them in was concealed so it was no longer recognizable as a cave entrance . . . . . I would not think that they would just leave the cave looking like some of the ones in these photos. That said, it would be an awesome thing if someone found them!
    davin likes this.
    We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing, all-powerful god, who creates faulty humans and then blames them for his own mistakes.  Gene Roddenberry

us
    Executive Director of Nothing

May 2014
    Not in the can
    Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
    697 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    That is an amazing area. Of all of the places in Arizona, you will find stuff there. Believe me. You gotta get way back up in them hills.

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links