Pieman

Jul 5, 2005
Calif

BLACKFOOT

Jan 17, 2007
Heavener oklahoma
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug2
ON Az. state school lands it would be deep do do.
a place down stream from the trails end mill site has a fence one side is blm and forest service the other is state school trust land you are not allowed to even ride four wheelers in the washs on school land.

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You just have to get a prospecting permit (assuming your digging for precious metals). Call the main office in Phoenix for more info. What did you find?

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was told by a Phoenix officer that if you were on state trust land with a metal detector, you'll be cited & your machine confiscated as evidence. He couldn't answer if you'd get it back after you went to court. He also mentioned all law enforcement agencies enforce, just a matter of who's closer.

My feeling on his vagueness was, it's better to leave State trust lands alone. There's hundreds of square miles of Arizona to search without the hassle of losing your equipment.

Also, quoted more times than I can count "Ignorance of the law is no excuse" "30 days & $500, pay the clerk" :o :o :o

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
Roll the dice........................ you said you want to get out and meet "some new friends"........... :o ::). Maybe somebody will meet you...you never know who's looking :o :o :o
"ya didn't hear that from me" YAHRRRR :icon_pirat:

if it were me get the proper permits......sometimes you catch them off guard, once they see the permit, because most people don't have one.....they leave you a lone......generally its have a nice day.... I just tell them I am cleaning up the trash....well is int that what we generally find? so technically you are doing good..... :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: go figure :icon_scratch:

db

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lastleg said:
Beware the spy in the sky. Not worth the risk. lastleg

You know, now that you mention it. I heard they got a program were they're using game cameras or some other camera set ups to keep track of who's stealing pot shards & other indian artifacts. Guess it wouldn't be past them to put some up on State Trust land.

OP
OP
P

Pieman

Jul 5, 2005
Calif
OK ,say I get this permit. Now they will send someone out to watch me or get that big satelite in the sky to zoom in and look at my crack in my pants while I'm working. If I find something then they will take it away and tell me I was a bad boy for not leaving it in the ground for the "Professionals" to find. I'd rather take my chances without their meddling, but if they shoot you on the spot then I'll think twice about doing it the Government Way.

Arid-Zone-A-seeker

Jan 26, 2010
High Country Arizona
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, Tesoro LOBO Supertrac, Garrett Infinium,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BLACKFOOT said:
ON Az. state school lands it would be deep do do.
a place down stream from the trails end mill site has a fence one side is blm and forest service the other is state school trust land you are not allowed to even ride four wheelers in the washs on school land.

AZ. just came out with a quad rec. permit for 25.00 a year. When you got your off road stamp from motor vehicle dept they should have given you a brochure. this is a good thing.

LuckyDragon

Apr 6, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
You know back in 1996 I called the BLM and ask them for a map of free land
in where I can detect uranium so I do my radiological training of course I told them I'm vounteer from F.E.M.A and they send me every map they had where I detect uranium depoists. and they were kind enough to mark where state land
is in red.
My advise is Ask before doing and get your self a hand held GPS unit.

JeromeAz

May 31, 2013
Was told by a Phoenix officer that if you were on state trust land with a metal detector, you'll be cited & your machine confiscated as evidence. He couldn't answer if you'd get it back after you went to court. He also mentioned all law enforcement agencies enforce, just a matter of who's closer.

My feeling on his vagueness was, it's better to leave State trust lands alone. There's hundreds of square miles of Arizona to search without the hassle of losing your equipment.

Also, quoted more times than I can count "Ignorance of the law is no excuse" "30 days & $500, pay the clerk" :o :o :o

Ignorance of the law my A..! That's Bulls..t! Is everyone lawyers? No! Is there a law that says all citizen have to know the law? No! That's the lamest excuse I've ever heard! Do lawyers know all the laws? No! Do judges? No! That's the lame a.. people we have in our judicial system for you!

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So that tells you there's stuff to be found on state trust lands

4Strokes1Pick&Poke

May 3, 2016
Arizona, California, Alaska, Oregon, Florida, Loui
Detector(s) used
Garret Pin pointer pro AT. "Other" methods.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's a fact about eyes in the sky, like I said UPS found out in real time who stole my package. If UPS can go realtime be aware of the state. Beside illegal imagination satellites watching the have others best and believe it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread