Yarnell, AZ area prospecting clubs?

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field
Anybody out there know of prospecting clubs in the Yarnell area with claims? I live in CA, but would like to spend some time out there and am interested in joining a club that has claims in the area. I'm just interested in swinging a detector, not hard-rock mining or panning. HH - Jim

JDS

Jun 8, 2007
Kansas City Missouri
Detector(s) used
ML4000/ML E-Trac/Ace 250/Antique Groundhog
Yarnell is just about the best place you could land for nugget hunting. Rich Hill is in your back yard. There are several clubs that have claims in the area. The wickenburg mining club, there is a Gem and Mineral Club the GPAA, Road Runners and the list goes on. Check out nuggethunting.com for more links to the area. Most of the area is under claim but you can find places to hunt. I have picked up a number of nuggets in the area. Most are small, a gram or less but there are larger pieces still out there. You are not far from the Vulture mountains as well. Lost of nuggets have been taken from that area. Bob Montana posts regularly on ArizonaOutback.com and he lives in the Yarnell area. Check out the sites for more info. It is getting pretty hot out here so you may want to look into the Prescott area as well. Peoples Valley has lost mine legends also.

OP
OP
ziphius

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field
Appreciate the reply JDS! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread