Question about living in Arizona

rickchittum

Greenie
Dec 2, 2008
My wife and I are considering a move to the Phoenix area of Arizona. We currently live in TN. The air here is so humid that we both have difficulty breathing. I have been through the area several years back when I was in the Marine Corp. It might be a culture shock for us but I think we could adapt. I guess my question would be? How is it to live in the area? Is the heat an issue or is the low humidity make up the difference. It is around 85+ here with humidity above 80 percent.
Also a GPAA member so I would love the chance to look for gold in the area. Any input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Rick

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out here, it's the exact opposite of Tennessee. During the summer months, get the research out of the way along with cleaning up the relics from the winter. When the cooler weather hits, detect detect detect!

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
rickchittum:

After several trips to Arizona I would recommend scoping out Prescott.
Higher elevation with low humidity. That is the area I always love to go
back to and it is at the north end of Bradshaw Mountains gold area. Not
as crowded as Phoenix but growing fast. With the real estate downturn
you may be to get a bargain on a house. Check it out while the market
is favorable. Best wishes.

lastleg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent some time in Arizona, and I plan on moving there myself in a few years when I retire. To me it is like living in Florida, (except no hurricanes) the bad part of the year is June-Aug, rest of the time is nice. Best time in Florida is Sept through May

In Florida in the summer I don't do anything outside that doesn't involve water, or airconditioning, I imagine it will be the same in Arizona.

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
No one who hasn't spent a summer in the Sonoran Desert does not know what hot is.
Well maybe execpt for Death Valley.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AZ about the same as Florida, but with no hurricanes, you have 3-4 months of bad weather May- August. At this time of year you don't do anything outside that doesn't involve either air conditioning or some kind of water activity.

99 degrees with 90% humidity sucks just about as bad as 115 with 20% humidity.....

Laughlin, NV Humidity 19% Orlando, FL Humidity 89%

Sun 99° 84° 88° / 74°

Mon 100° 84° 90° / 75°

Tue 104° 86° 90° / 76°

I have been through Death Valley several times, once with a baaad hangover......(Big mistake)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread