Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LastScana.jpg

GoldBack

Aug 19, 2010
I believe there are many more than people think, just because they may have not been fully documented or maybe the documentation no longer exist doesnt mean it never happened. I found out about a Civil War battle that took place in AZ.
Posted under "Civil War" Arizona was a Confederate State! for those wondering.

St. Jerome

Feb 21, 2005
where do you guys come up with this crap? Not to be rude or negative. Arizona became a state in 1912. it was not a confederate state because it wasn't a state. It was just braking from mexico and separating from new mexico territory when the civil war was happening. It would be interesting to hear an educated response to this. I won't like to know why you think az was a confederate state. it would have to have a dominate french influence which it has never had. All the slaves here have mostly been native people and mexicans. Where are you coming from with this? Tell me something real please.

St. Jerome

Feb 21, 2005
One of my very best friends was defended from confederate rebels and his last name is very french. His history is very real and predates the state of arizona. But to say az was a confederate state is kinda silly.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, St. Jerome I don't know if I am qualified or not. High school science and social studies teacher, college history prof, guitar player in a texas band, bum, useless latina (18-80) skirt chaser to this day and not too thrilled with your lack of politeness to your fellow BS'ers and treasure seakers. I won't take time here to detail this all but forgotten part of the war of yankee agression, but if you will go to GOOGLE and type in confederacy in Arizona, you can, at your leisure, read the history of the Arizona territory during the 1861-1865 time period. Thank you for you patience...

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
the yanks burned ft. mohave out of fear of them grey clad patriots.
on a different note louis lamoure mentioned there being somewhere around
800 documented battles during the indian wars.
counting only substantial engagements.

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ
I read somewhere that there were over 6,000 "engagements" during the Civil War. From 2 v. 2 to Gettysburg and other "biggies". Actually most were referred to as "skirmishes".

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting thread! :headbang:

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
here we go...
arizona was not a state in the union in 1861.
arizona was not accepted as a state into the confederacy at any time.
arizona did have a collection of drunken misfits, who did declare themselves to the south, all the while demanding the union do something about the "indian problem".
the center of this collection of misfits was in tucson...perhaps there were some in the northern areas of arizona.
also the arizona we know now, is not the arizona of the past...in population or borders.
the arizona of the confederacy was along the us-mexican border, encompassing parts of both southern arizona an new mexico.
this confederate state{?} was a paper tiger, untill capt. walker, an EX confederate trooper, led a column into arizona{prescott} to look for gold.
this action demanded the union establish forts to prevent the gold from reaching the confederacy...
Fort whipple was created to control the gold fields, camp verde was created to subdue the hostile natives...{ though this is myth also.}

lacal

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2009
Willcox, AZ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just saw an episode of Pawn Stars and a guy brought in a map book which include the confederate terroritory of Arizona. It only existed for less than a year. I had never heard of it before and have a lot of history books on Arizona.

Last edited:

hooch

Banned
Aug 4, 2008
Ahwatukee
That's because Pawn Stars is a scripted bullshit reality TV show, more than likely someone wrote it out on a piece of toiletpaper whilst taking a dump at a truckstop gastation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread