Black Canyon, Az

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
sure.......camping in BCC is ok if you like 110 plus degree temps now......and its not cooling down anytime soon......there are spots to md if you are a gpaa member.....other wise good luck getting permission from land owners.....private land surrounds and cuts off all public access points..... if you park by kings ranch....(the only public entrance.....you still must cross private land......and the land owner will call the sheriff on you for trespassing, too bad the sheriff is on the land owners side, if they find your car on their street they will have you towed at your expense) these private land owners took it upon their selves to shut down a public entrance......and have done so successfully.... I and a few other claim owners are filing a complaint with the state.....but have had no luck trying to gain access to our claims......I beat the system by buying a river front property with my own private access......but for others they are still fighting for access rights.....

good luck and HH......

ps......md hunting is better around Cleator and Bumble Bee......but do check for land usage.....a lot of private land is still off limits to hunters.....of all sorts....

db

OP
OP
canyon rat

canyon rat

Jul 21, 2011
Thanks DanB,
I sent you a PM when I saw the reply, but didnt want folks to think I am not grateful for your help. I will be going to the Bumble bee area, I will be joining GPAA also.
Anyone wanting to get together and do some Drywashing or MDing when I get there in Oct, PM me and we can discuss it.
Good hunting

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
It's insane. Private and govt. regulation of land access has made it virtually impossible to travel freely around this country anymore. Even on public land, visitors are treated like tresspassers and criminals. While camping in a BLM in Colorado i was visited every morning by a BLM officer (every morning, like clockwork). I was told i couldn't tie my rain tarp to a tree limb, couldn't burn food off of used cans in the fire-ring, couldn't shoot an attacking bear unless i had a witness who saw the attack or i would be subject to arrest and charges. When i reached the limit of my 14 day stay and came down with an abcessed tooth, the ranger made me walk into town 4 miles down the road while i was on pain medication and antibiotics to make a request for a 3 day waiver-extension at the area headquarters.

Inotherwords, this BLM ranger made my vacation experience as uncomfortable and miserable as he could possibly make it without firing rounds over my head to run me off. Did you know in New Mexico, it's illegal to collect rain water in a barrel ? That's right, the State of New Mexico OWNS the rain before it even touches the ground. It must be nice to be GOD, huh ?

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheNewCatfish said:
It's insane. Private and govt. regulation of land access has made it virtually impossible to travel freely around this country anymore. Even on public land, visitors are treated like tresspassers and criminals. While camping in a BLM in Colorado i was visited every morning by a BLM officer (every morning, like clockwork). I was told i couldn't tie my rain tarp to a tree limb, couldn't burn food off of used cans in the fire-ring, couldn't shoot an attacking bear unless i had a witness who saw the attack or i would be subject to arrest and charges. When i reached the limit of my 14 day stay and came down with an abcessed tooth, the ranger made me walk into town 4 miles down the road while i was on pain medication and antibiotics to make a request for a 3 day waiver-extension at the area headquarters.

Inotherwords, this BLM ranger made my vacation experience as uncomfortable and miserable as he could possibly make it without firing rounds over my head to run me off. Did you know in New Mexico, it's illegal to collect rain water in a barrel ? That's right, the State of New Mexico OWNS the rain before it even touches the ground. It must be nice to be GOD, huh ?
Don't feel real bad in Wisconsin you can not pick up a arrow head (Legally)

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
well canyon rat did you ever make it out to BCC?,,,,,,or are you still working your way out?

db

Placer1

Greenie
Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Plenty of BLM land in Congress, since you mentioned that area too. But be careful down there, stay off private property, and don't MD on anyone's claim.

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
Are there any navigable creeks or rivers in the Southern Bradshaw Region ? Don't know how it works in Arizona, but in my state navigable waterways are considered public property. Landowners can't harrass anyone on a waterway or camping on the shore below the highwater mark. That might be a solution to the access problem. Just use the water with a small boat to haul your gear and supplies. No vehicle to tow, no roads to walk in on.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL at this thread! :laughing7: Started back in 2011, and brought back to life by TheNewCatfish asking about "navigable creeks or rivers in the Southern Bradshaw Region." No, not really Catfish. We have running water a certain times of the year that moves gold, and I have seen Humbug creek running in July, but it is a trickle.. Check this out:
The Bradshaw Mountains

Skywola

Jul 5, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
Kind of dumb for a ranger to say that if you shoot an attacking bear without a witness, you could be arrested. It's like, which do you prefer, die from a bear attack or get arrested? If it's me, the bear is going to die . . .

RECON

Greenie
Mar 3, 2013
CENTRAL WISCONSIN
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI: MD'ing in WI is "illegal" in State and National Parks--arrowheads or otherwise. Hunting for arrow heads without MD IS legal in both State and National Parks in WISCONSIN.
Don't feel real bad in Wisconsin you can not pick up a arrow head (Legally)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread