Pancho Villa Cache Near Arivaca

froggy

Jan 18, 2008
Canyon Del Oro, Arizona
An olde tale says:
Pancho Villa and his bandits were chased across border line into Southern Arizona where they hid in the mountains 5 or 6 miles from Arivaca in 1913. A lone survivor was reported saying the loot they had was cached because they feared being caught. From where he stood as a lookout while the cache was put in the ground; he could Sasabe from the south slope, Old Mexico to the west, and main street of Arivaca to the north. The 2 pack loads of bandit treasure were never recovered.
Good luck on your hunt!

JeromeAz

May 31, 2013
Yes just another tale. Lone survivor? Pancho Villa did not die in Arizona after being chased. He died in Mexico in 1923. Would be nice to hear the truth when someone tells a story on something that happened in past. Especially if it involves treasure. Tired of hearing made up stories!

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pancho Villa - Death and Legacy - Pancho Villa Videos - Biography.com

ms. deeds would tell you I am somewhat of an expert on villa...
people in Jerome will tell you I don't know squat...and that he signed the motel register on the day he died in Parral, Mexico. even when I showed them a document with villas correct signature, I was incorrect...
love it when that happens...

if villa did enter the area of Arivaca, it was to take gold, not bury it. but again..it never happened...villa was popular in Chihuahua, a target in Sonora...yes he did attack Sonora, in 1915...he did cross the border in 1915, at colombus new mexico...
he did travel to el paso on many occasions...love the ice cream stone downtown...many photographs taken there...
but please look at a map...
Pancho Villa - Death and Legacy - Pancho Villa Videos - Biography.com

" Villa was ambushed and murdered in Parral by followers of Álvaro Obregón, a former army general, who feared that Villa would oppose their leader's candidacy for president in the upcoming elections. Immediately following his death the name of Pancho Villa was eliminated from all history books, children's books and all monuments in Mexico. "

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread