Panning or Hiking

Skywola

Jul 5, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
I am thinkiing about how to use my time off on vacation between June 2 and June 10th, I am considering two options:

Make an attempt at hiking to the top of Four Peaks. I say attempt, because it is in no way an easy goal.
It has been done before though . . .

Or: Do some panning for gold up in the Bradshaws up in the Milk Creek area. May try some metal detecting
too.

I doubt I will spend more than a weekend at it, as I have other things to do, (I'm working on writing a program
in C# for a computer game too.) If anyone is interested in taking part in a trip to the mountains around that
time, let me know . . . My vehicle is getting older and is not the best for this kind of thing, but I gotta do something
while on vacation . . . !

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Sky! Is that Milk Creek off of Hassayampa? I have found good color at Lynx Creek. Does Milk Creek have water this time of year? I would do the detecting. You have the right tool for it.Tnx. TTC

OP
OP
Skywola

Skywola

Jul 5, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
Milk Creek

Hey Sky! Is that Milk Creek off of Hassayampa? I have found good color at Lynx Creek. Does Milk Creek have water this time of year? I would do the detecting. You have the right tool for it.Tnx. TTC

On the way to Milk Creek you cross the Hassayampa. (I have thought about maybe stopping there and doing a little looking around too, I will
need to look at my map and see if it is an allowable place.) Normally at this time, there are a few small areas with water at Milk Creek, that
is it. Chances are you have a bit more experience at this than do, judging by some of your posts, but that would be good, that would improve
our chances of finding something. I will send you a little more info via personal message.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the pat on the back, Sky. I first started panning in '82, but did not get real serious till '07. Since I don't work a real job, I get alot of time to look for color. Others on this net have more experience than I, just I make more "noise" than most. Thanks for the PM, friend. TTC

OP
OP
Skywola

Skywola

Jul 5, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
I will go up to Milk Creek this weekend, if anyones else is interested, just holler. I am also going to try to make an attempt to find the third piece of the lodestone I got from up there, I have two pieces now. I normally carry my handgun (44 magnum Blackhawk) in remote areas, I do not anticipate trouble of any kind, have not ever seen a bear or mountain lion there, but you never know. I did see a huge elk or moose up there once.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Skywola

Skywola

Jul 5, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
Elk or Moose

Whatever it was it was huge, I was wonding how in the heck it made its way through the woods with such big antlers.

I got up there and looked around, went up to the hill I wanted to metal detect on, and it looked like someone had been
digging in the area. So I hunted that area for a while. My metal detector seemed to be giving off false signals, even
with the ground balance up, so I took out a bullet and calibrated with that. (There is not much difference in reaction
of the metal detector to the two metals.) So then I started climbing the hill, and the hill was really a small mountain.
As I am climbing, I am still seeing spots that have been dug out, and noticed them all the way to the top, meanwhile
my metal detector was not hitting a thing. It was then I realized, that it was not what I thought it was . . . . it was
an animal digging the area, because the diggings were all over the mountain. I smelled a skunk, so maybe that
was what was doing all the digging. By the way, I was wrong about the Milk Creek this time around, it was
flowing. Not a much, about a foot wide and not deep, but flowing.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, Sky, the animal was digging. I just wanna know..... what kind of detector he preferred? (just kidding) TTC

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry what regime did you fight under in Milw??

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry what regime did you fight under in Milw??
I don't understand the question, Fire. I worked for the Milw Police then Wauwatosa Police, if that's what you mean. TTC

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't understand the question, Fire. I worked for the Milw Police then Wauwatosa Police, if that's what you mean. TTC

Did you know harry Newman? Anyway back to subject, Milk Creek? With all my travels in the Brad range where is it?

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you know harry Newman? Anyway back to subject, Milk Creek? With all my travels in the Brad range where is it?
I knew a Newman. Don't recall what his first name was (is). Milk Creek is 11 miles east of Peeples Valley. Near Walnut Grove. Tnx. TTC

OP
OP
Skywola

Skywola

Jul 5, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
Not sure which he used but it must have been a good one, he did not leave anything for me!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread