djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is this the one that meets at Pro-Mack South?

OP
OP
A

askmeabouttravel

Yep. Or at least their headquarters is there. The meet at down the road at the city complex (I think!)

Kim

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
let me know how it goes. I was curious myself :)

OP
OP
A

askmeabouttravel

I went to the meeting last week. I think I lowered the median age by about 20 years!!!

They seemed to be nice folks. I'll probably join next month and see how it goes.

Toodles

kim

Wizzard

May 3, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
MineLab Quattro
I too am I member of Arizona Treasures Unlimited.

Purpose: Arizona Treasures Unlimited, Inc. is a nonprofit corporation registered in the state of Arizona to promote the safe and lawful recovery of lost and abandoned objects through the processes of research, education, and the distribution of information.

Meetings: The ATU meets on the third Monday of the month (holidays included). Meetings are at the Arizona Mining and Mineral Museum, 1502 West Washington Street, Phoenix, Arizona. Parking and entrance for the meeting is at the rear of the building. The action begins promptly at 7PM and lasts about 2 hours. Family and visitors are welcome.

Programs: Our meetings are a great place to learn about metal detecting, dump digging, and treasure hunting. You will also develop an appreciation for the history of Arizona and the difficulties of life in the early days. We enjoy presentations on topics like railroading and mining as well as practical topics like cleaning coins.

Finds of the Month Contest: Our “Finds of the Month” contest at each meeting allows us to show off our latest finds. Look for the trays of goodies along the side wall. You will be surprised at the amount of coins, jewelry and other wonders found in our parks, playgrounds and vacant lots. Prizes are awarded for the oldest U.S. coin, best coin, best club trip find, best jewelry, and miscellaneous.

Raffle: The club raises money through a raffle at each meeting with several prizes, usually collectible coins. The prizes are on display at the front of the meeting room for inspection. From each raffle the club spends half of the proceeds on prizes for the next month’s raffle. The more tickets bought, the better the prizes for the next meeting. Visitors are allowed, even encouraged, to buy raffle tickets.

Monthly Outings: We have monthly outings that take place the weekend following the regular club meeting. Trip details are given out to members only at the meeting. Members and family are welcome at all club functions; high-clearance vehicles and/or 4x4 may be needed to attend the monthly outing.

Community Support: The club supports the community through contributions to selected charities and through volunteer efforts in support of government agencies. The club is available to assist with the recovery of evidence and individuals also assist in the recovery of lost personal items such as wedding and class rings.

Membership: Membership is limited to adults eighteen or older although children are welcome at club functions under the direction of their parents. Dues are $30/year for and individual, or $40/year for a family payable in January and are prorated for half year in July. All adults in a family membership have voting rights in all club matters.

In summary, look us over and if you like us, join us!

AZ-Mtnman

Jul 25, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Believe it or not, I've been a member since they started. That makes me sound way older than I am. Ok, true, I am old, but that is a pretty good club. The dues themselves are worth the annual hunt, if nothing else. I've known Dan and Cindy, and Ted and Martha for alot of years. They do their best to give you a good time at one of their outings, and if you're new, you might even pick up a trick or two about prospecting, if that is your thing. I'd recommend them.

Randy

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
NM/AZ/CA/Co/Utah & P.I. Tx.
Sounds like a "worthy" organization!
I have been collecting our family history in Arizona, which goes back to "The Injun Fight'n Days"
AND!
YEP!
I AM PROUD to Say! :thumbsup:
We'ns was on THar SIDE! ;D
My Grandfather* SOLD!
The White Mnt Apache lots of rifles/ammo! :thumbsup:
Why?
Because, as he used! to tell us, they were given a
"Rotten Whiteman's Deal" !

"That" must be in our family genes!
'cause, I still feel that way to this very day!

* My Grandfather, when a Boy!, used to live with his aunt..
"NELLIE CASHMAN"!
Who, since, the club/organization, ATU, does historical research :icon_study: MUST already, KNOW all about?

AND!
Yes!
We do have a "Lost Family Treasure Story*"!
A Very,very! RICH ONE TOO!

::)

treasurehntr

Aug 21, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / Whites TM808
AZ-Mtnman said:
Believe it or not, I've been a member since they started. That makes me sound way older than I am. Ok, true, I am old, but that is a pretty good club. The dues themselves are worth the annual hunt, if nothing else. I've known Dan and Cindy, and Ted and Martha for alot of years. They do their best to give you a good time at one of their outings, and if you're new, you might even pick up a trick or two about prospecting, if that is your thing. I'd recommend them.

Randy

Your right on the money Randy ! My wife & I joined the club three years ago.The outings are great ! The annual treasure hunt is alot of fun. I do a lot of panning & also have a Whites MXT. The clubs mining claims are great. I find gold everytime I go out. The people are friendly,it's definitely worth the dues. A great time had by all !!
Treasurehntr,,,,

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
NM/AZ/CA/Co/Utah & P.I. Tx.
Anyone interested in a Full Size (Remote) Ghost Town,
that is relatively unknown,
since about 1915 ??? :tongue3:
AND!
Not DESTROYED! by The BLM! >:( >:(

Don't look or it on any topo maps, unless you have a really, ReALLY early one !!! :thumbsup:

BenThereDoneThat

Feb 27, 2008
Apache Junction, AZ
Detector(s) used
MXT 300 / Javelina Gold Trommel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cptbild said:
AND!

Don't look or it on any topo maps, unless you have a really, ReALLY early one !!! :thumbsup:

YES...............would like to check it out

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Sorry!
But!
I guess that we'll have TO Make other arrangements....
Since, my phone bill sometimes hits the $400 Mark ! :tongue3:
I don't call anyone, anymore, before, 1800 hrs, Central Time :thumbsup:

BenThereDoneThat

Feb 27, 2008
Apache Junction, AZ
Detector(s) used
MXT 300 / Javelina Gold Trommel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cptbil said:
Sorry!
But!
I guess that we'll have TO Make other arrangements....
Since, my phone bill sometimes hits the $400 Mark ! :tongue3:
I don't call anyone, anymore, before, 1800 hrs, Central Time :thumbsup:
Just email me when your in AZ.....and we will go from there

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
cptbild said:
AND!

yea I would like a shot at it myself. buck

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Ok !
& Since...
I already have Your's & "Buck's" phone number(s) !
I'll give you a call when "we" hit The Phoenix Area..
There is NO! ETA !!!
As,
We'll be in New Mexico for awhile, before getting out that way (Phx)!
A word of warning.. tho! ..
The Road (HAH!) going in, was really rough the last time I was in there... :tongue3:
& THAT!
Was many, many, many YRS ago! (MY early ASC Days) :thumbsup:

So!
Double - Triple, Check.... to Make, sure that your 4x4s are in good...
GOOD!
Heck! Make in that Excellent ! shape
Even back then, we had to rebuild the road (?) to get in!
We can meet at my friend's ranchchito, in Gilbert
From there, it's about a 4 hr trip ( & this is using a "short cut" across the desert)
Depending on the "ROAD!" ::) going in!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions