todays take at weaver claim with terryc

silver821

May 29, 2013
glendale az
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
today's take at weaver claim with terryc

thank you terry for showing us around,we had a great time!! IMG_20130622_194114_745[2].jpg IMG_20130622_091922_589[1].jpg

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had an enjoyable day out, and looks like your effort was rewarded. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
S

silver821

May 29, 2013
glendale az
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We did have a great day, and Weaver claim was very generous!, and now that we are members of the claim, next week here we come!!!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The sluice is still CLEAN so I know this pic was taken just before we started to work on the dirt. Is that the total (in the pan) of the four tubs in the backround, Jason? About average, I think. Just the same, you'll have the $50 membership paid for there or maybe one more day. Not bad... a hobby that pays its own way! It took us about 2 hours to collect the dirt and maybe 2 hours to process it. And we hardly broke a sweat! Nice! I think that was the best pic we took Saturday.... Trenton wearing the Sig! Two big, beautiful guys you got there, Jason! Terry

OP
OP
S

silver821

May 29, 2013
glendale az
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
yes that was the total from all four tubs. and it is a very pretty sight! and this coming Saturday we are looking for twice the amount! and this time you will go home with some more in your pocket also! and thank you again for showing me around!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yes that was the total from all four tubs. and it is a very pretty sight! and this coming Saturday we are looking for twice the amount! and this time you will go home with some more in your pocket also! and thank you again for showing me around!
Good deal! Next time (Saturday) we will weigh the dirt and weight the results to figure what the expected yield for the area is. We'll keep the exact results a secret though. Only those that are members of the Weaver will be privy to the info, ok? Only right to keep it under the hat, I think. I usually take notes... remember the notebook I showed you before we started.... ? Anyway, that area will more than pay for the membership, as you can see. May very likely pay for the gas too! Call me by phone before Saturday but not tonight. I am about to take my Sleepies, so I may not remember you calling tonight! Take care. TTC

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey jason. This is Garret. I took my son out with Terri and Tim. Both great guys. Definitely know their stuff. I get up there about 1-2x month. Sure enjoy it up there. My first trip up doesn't show as good a return. Lol. I'd lost some that I put in a dish to dry out. One of my kids took the dish and put salsa in it. Thing was. The dish was up high and away just so that wouldn't happen. Then my dogs got a hold of my snuffer bottle. Bye bye gold. Oh well. So I compare the gold I've gotten lately to the first dig and say. Not too bad. Lol

Kids are great movers. Mine love to dig and move the buckets. They just don't want to run the dirt, classify, or pan the cons. They just want it to pop into their hand. Lol

Good job on that outing. Keep it up. Maybe we'll bump into each other. Looking to try some of the other claims up there.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got this from one 5 gallon bucket the other day.

Attachments

• image-1329748995.jpg
    image-1329748995.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 164
OP
OP
S

silver821

May 29, 2013
glendale az
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hi Garrett, my oldest son loves prospecting but the younger one is not too sure about it. I have not met tim yet but you are correct Terry is a great guy and my kids love him! he is great with the kids and he is full of knowledge. give me a holler when you want to move some dirt!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The sluice is still CLEAN so I know this pic was taken just before we started to work on the dirt. Is that the total (in the pan) of the four tubs in the backround, Jason? About average, I think. Just the same, you'll have the $50 membership paid for there or maybe one more day. Not bad... a hobby that pays its own way! It took us about 2 hours to collect the dirt and maybe 2 hours to process it. And we hardly broke a sweat! Nice! I think that was the best pic we took Saturday.... Trenton wearing the Sig! Two big, beautiful guys you got there, Jason! Terry

Sounds like Y'all had an awesome time out digging some gorgeous color. Sweet! :occasion14:

TerryC; Not sure I can get down to Arizona this coming Winter, but "one of these days"
I'd love to spend a week down there enjoying the Winter warmth and chasing some AZ color.
Good friend of mine lives near Victorville, and he's adding a Royal Drywasher to his arsenal
so we would be well prepared.

Is there a suggested club we could join so we'd have access to some decent ground to work?
We're both GPAA members, but I have no idea if their AZ claims are any good, so it would be
nice to have a good back-up plan.

OP
OP
S

silver821

May 29, 2013
glendale az
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Terryc suggested that I try Weaver, it is $50 a year membership. I have only been there one time and brought back what I show in the picture. I like it so far! you could look into it. Terry soloman has a thread about other clubs with info you could look up. the thread is called Arizona gold prospecting clubs

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like Y'all had an awesome time out digging some gorgeous color. Sweet! :occasion14:

TerryC; Not sure I can get down to Arizona this coming Winter, but "one of these days"
I'd love to spend a week down there enjoying the Winter warmth and chasing some AZ color.
Good friend of mine lives near Victorville, and he's adding a Royal Drywasher to his arsenal

Is there a suggested club we could join so we'd have access to some decent ground to work?
We're both GPAA members, but I have no idea if their AZ claims are any good, so it would be
Dizzy, I am also a GPAA/LDMA member. There are several clubs in the area. I personally like the Weaver. Silver's pan speaks for itself! That's Weaver gold. We rounded that up in about 2 hours.... then process time. That would be my back-up plan, if I were you. Or you can try Y-Not, Roadrunner, and others. Check out Terry Soloman's webpage for more clubs. Google-up the Stanton, AZ area. You will see a red pediment field coming down from the Weaver Creek/Antelope Creek watershed about 5 miles long north-to-south. Anywhere on that watershed is GOOD! Hmmm, some may ask, "Why do I tell everybody where the gold is?" Because I will NEVER put a dent in the amount of gold here in the rest of my lifetime! Most clubs around here are about $50 yearly..... one day's work for the healthy. C'mon down! TTC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Incidentally, No need to HUNT for a good area... I will point to where you will find gold like Jason's (Silver821) pan!. TTC

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The GPAA has claims around that area as well. I also am now a member of Weaver and just joined the GPAA. My wife would yell at me something fierce if I did the LDMA. Soon hopefully.
The weaver mining is not as high tech (e-mail with a web page that's not as impressive as others), but that said. The day I joined, they pointed me to areas that had been producing. Same spot Terri took me to the week prior. They are a nice group of people. Would like to see some group activities, but in all, you'll meet people on the claims and I think we all want the same thing. A safe hunt with some color.

OP
OP
S

silver821

May 29, 2013
glendale az
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
congratulations on joining a couple of clubs, and you're right they're very friendly and very helpful. hope to see you out there and get together and run some dirt and have a good time

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dizzy, I am also a GPAA/LDMA member. There are several clubs in the area. I personally like the Weaver. Silver's pan speaks for itself! That's Weaver gold. We rounded that up in about 2 hours.... then process time. That would be my back-up plan, if I were you. Or you can try Y-Not, Roadrunner, and others. Check out Terry Soloman's webpage for more clubs. Google-up the Stanton, AZ area. You will see a red pediment field coming down from the Weaver Creek/Antelope Creek watershed about 5 miles long north-to-south. Anywhere on that watershed is GOOD! Hmmm, some may ask, "Why do I tell everybody where the gold is?" Because I will NEVER put a dent in the amount of gold here in the rest of my lifetime! Most clubs around here are about $50 yearly..... one day's work for the healthy. C'mon down! TTC

Thanks for the great info Terry! :occasion14:

I've been planning on flying down to Ontario and spending a week or so
working a couple areas my buddy has been tracking down. Could be a better idea
is he and I just heading for AZ instead.:icon_thumright:

I'll be packing my GB Pro along, and hoping to find a nice little nugget (or 5!)
while I'm down there. Coming in mid-winter is the best for me, as I don't do
heat well at all...
evil.gif

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Flying down to Ontario... most would scratch their heads till they knew you are talking about Ontario, CA. I've been there and Asuza and Upland many times! Mount Baldy, Telegraph Peak... back in the '80s. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread