onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh somewhere in the Pacific would have looked out of place with spit shined black shoes and a flat top:laughing7: loved the era and the music. Not one of those day's but those were the day's.

OP
OP
pippinwhitepaws
Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
i am fit to be tied...an it is so hot the swamp cooler is useless...more like a dryer...
hung a wet bandanna in front of the cooler to cool it off...it dryed in less that 15 seconds...

AND I AM NOT EVEN IN PHOENIX... god help them all.

OP
OP
pippinwhitepaws
Jan 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
was 114 yesterday, supposed to be higher today...plus all this smoke from the fires...wonderful summer weather...

record high here just over 100...

can't put seat belt on without gloves...metal too hot...can't touch the steering wheel, shift knob...and this is with the window reflector in place....
hot...reallllllllly hot.

geeze..I grew up in Arizona an am whining about the heat...?

JeromeAz

May 31, 2013
I hear ya! I grew up in Phx. Not a problem then. With old age creeping up the heat wears on you.

OP
OP
pippinwhitepaws
Jan 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
this is a rant...over two years ago...I made a deal with a guy here in clardale...he gives me a Chinese made switchblade..."I expected it to be tougher..."
vague, but I rebuild knives, and take on the job of making it better...after making around five or so handles, rebuilding the knife, everything I did just made the poor quality Chinese material overload the things I did...
so I rebuild a german switch in legal ivory handles, the thing was sweet...give it back...he is happy...shows all his friends...bragging on it...I am supposed to get an old triumph motorcycle basketcase in trade for my work and the coffin...
he had wanted me to rebuild the knife, and give him this designer coffin I have in the estate I am doing...made into a toy box, day bed...ok...good method to get rid of the odd thing..
so I rebuild the knife...he changes his mind...no coffin. what else do you have....
so I start pulling stuff out...give him a native hand woven dazzle pattern blanket...500 dollar bill, a model 2 s&w wall hanger...pearl handles...matching knife, also a wall hanger...a humidor full of pricy cigars...a tiger carved out of an elephant tusk..15 pluss inches long..out of viet nam...
this was done on my part, finished...over a year an a half ago...he then begins not to notice me...ignores me in the stores, avoids speaking at all..
wtf..I did good an now he pretends I don't exist?
I see him in the town square last weekend...ask when he is going to pay up on the deal...pay you???and laughs in my face...
well...an ex- infantrymens first response is not allowed...so I drive away...
post a message on his car, making it clear, politely, he needs to pay up by Monday or I will take legal actions...
well, in Arizona, small claims is problematic, you spend money to sue a person, pay money to get the person served, even if that person defaults, the state in no way ensures recovery of the money or goods owed...
so I post a nasty comment on facebook, craigslist, all the places this bogus person hangs out...yes it is slanderous, but when it is truth, one is not libel...

so this morning..rather than give me my goods back...or pay up..then bogus one sends me an email telling me he called the cops...
so mistake me for someone who cares....
so, after waiting a year an a half for him to follow through...does this make me a bad guy?

JeromeAz

May 31, 2013
No. The guy should have paid up! Nowadays the way people are you need to keep it until receiving payment.

OP
OP
pippinwhitepaws
Jan 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
yea...but I am old school...a handshake an a persons word are supposed to be gold...

the act he turned around an is gossiping to his friends about what a weirdo I am...pisses me off...yea, I am weird...he knew that from day one...
I hate having people I don't know start mouthing off to me about things they shouldn't know...

this area is not like it was...this behavior seems to be the norm...I had an old guy in the library, one of the city council...tell me the mistake I made was not kissing the correct bottoms
when I first got back in the area...

JeromeAz

May 31, 2013
Not these days anymore. Should have told that guy to kiss your bottom! Then run for town council. Clean it out and fix the town! Wishful thinking huh.

OP
OP
pippinwhitepaws
Jan 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
yea...so I go for lunch at my favority hamburger joint..here one of the "mean bikers" friends is there...staring at me like he would just love to go at it...so I say howdy..big smile...

lol, what sidewalk commandos...he almost had his ears pop off his head...turned really red under all those tattoo's...everybody is laughing at him...they read the add I posted on craiglist...
someone rips you off, and his friends get pissed you say something about it...
this is not the Arizona I grew up in...

JeromeAz

May 31, 2013
Yeah times have changed. Neighbors throwing crap in my yard. I threw it back over and told them don't throw your trash in my yard and they make me out to be the bad guy. I just don't understand people anymore.

JeromeAz

May 31, 2013
That's the way a lot of people are now a days. One reason I want to move to a small town. Fewer the people the better. Any deserted islands around where you live?

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do not go to small towns,they are worse.Trust me.
I am in Superior.
My neighbors do the same thing,throw trash in my yard, I throw it back.
Every once in a while a M-80 blows up in there front yard also.
They dont want to play with me any more.

The one druggy that lived behind me had to move because a complaint had her kids taken away.
Then the state took her money because she does not have the kids.
Now she could not pay the rent and moved out.
Now the next thing to do is for the trailer to catch fire so no one else can move in.
This is how things are done.
If there are no houses to rent to the druggies, or no where for them to live,they will leave.
Simple.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread